Code Orange Paint Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
So.. after finally waiting close too 9 months. (Ordered back in Late November) it finally Arrived! My Code orange Gen 3 Fully loaded! But one problem… This! Dealership claiming a robot must’ve over sprayed and hit it during Painting. The procedure too even fix it would be a hassle.. 4-7 days. (Requires taking off most of the side of the truck. Sanding the area. Re-painting the WHOLE thing. WITH THE FEAR OF IT POSSIBLY NOT BEING A PERFECT MATCH)

I have a appointment on the 5th too fix it. Ford is covering it. My question too you fellow raptor lovers. Is it worth it? Am I nit picking? What would you do? I’m noticing a lot of other minor Rushed-Out-The-Door issues. (Missing Bolts. Tape on shocks. Underneath paint mismatched) but this was the one that bothered the hell out of me.
D116D604-ED71-4061-9776-7476063DB0FA.jpegA9C461D4-8570-4712-84D9-76E32CC11801.png

OP
OP
J
Reaction score
You can't make this up anymore. If that spot that is covered when the doors are closed is going to keep you up at night, then you have bigger problems. That wouldn't bother me in the slightest.
Not necessarily keeping me up at night. Just frustrating too even be their in the first place.. it does show when the door is closed also.

LuckyKnuckle36

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Should have never left the factory like that if they were actual QCing things. I don't blame you, would frustrate the hell out of me and more importantly looks like it will eventually open up and cause future problems. I would get it fixed but make sure you have it done at a good Ford body shop, hopefully that's your dealer if not go to one that is highly reccommended by fellow shops. I hate the idea of a new truck being repainted, I hear ya...

tabvette

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would simply use the Ford touch up paint on that area and forget it. The amount of repainting you describe is not worth it. More importantly…it will never be like factory.
Absolutely correct. If possible have them paint the least amount they can. Respray will never look the same, no matter how hard they try.

CTK59

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New Mexico, it ain't "new" & it ain't "mexico"
It's not right and should have been caught, but it's not visible when door is shut and from I can tell not that obvious when door is open. If you can live 7 days without - go for it knowing it may never be factory perfect. Me? I'd be pissed but do the least amount to fix it (touch-up) and enjoy the ride. Also make Ford aware and note the imperfection as a record for the future.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So.. after finally waiting close too 9 months. (Ordered back in Late November) it finally Arrived! My Code orange Gen 3 Fully loaded! But one problem… This! Dealership claiming a robot must’ve over sprayed and hit it during Painting. The procedure too even fix it would be a hassle.. 4-7 days. (Requires taking off most of the side of the truck. Sanding the area. Re-painting the WHOLE thing. WITH THE FEAR OF IT POSSIBLY NOT BEING A PERFECT MATCH)

I have a appointment on the 5th too fix it. Ford is covering it. My question too you fellow raptor lovers. Is it worth it? Am I nit picking? What would you do? I’m noticing a lot of other minor Rushed-Out-The-Door issues. (Missing Bolts. Tape on shocks. Underneath paint mismatched) but this was the one that bothered the hell out of me.
View attachment 370077View attachment 370078
Have it fixed, that is nothing major at all. These things happen on mass produced vehicles.

As far as the shocks, they come from a supplier, of course there are going to be stickers on them. They’re not going to slow the production line down to remove a sticker on an under chassis part. It’s normal on any vehicle for non-exterior body surfaces to look different; they are not clear coated.