Cobb for GEN 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slv_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s exactly what they’re doing; removing content and not disclosing it to buyers.

Fraud is an every day occurrence for Elon and Tesla.

Wish the SEC would grow a pair and actually do some regulating. It's an open and shut case of securities fraud based on Elon's statements on the most recent earnings call.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Fraud is an every day occurrence for Elon and Tesla.

Wish the SEC would grow a pair and actually do some regulating. It's an open and shut case of securities fraud based on Elon's statements on the most recent earnings call.
Exactly. He’s a criminal. If you or I broke the law like he did we’d be in prison. He thinks it’s all a joke. The $20 million they fined him was the equivalent of $5 for the average person.

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still no confirmation on the Cobb intake fitting on a GEN 3?

It will fit. The Cobb intake has a divorced set up with two separate non-merging intake track tubes into one filter. The OEM intake tubing merges before the airbox, the IAT sensor is also on the backside of that. The OEM intake balances out air pressure vs a divorced or separate set up. It may throw a code. Cobb will most likely not announce that it fits 2021+ models until the AP3 and software is available

The power gains will be from weight reduction in the wallet area without a tune and other supporting modifications.

BadWRP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It will fit. The Cobb intake has a divorced set up with two separate non-merging intake track tubes into one filter. The OEM intake tubing merges before the airbox, the IAT sensor is also on the backside of that. The OEM intake balances out air pressure vs a divorced or separate set up. It may throw a code. Cobb will most likely not announce that it fits 2021+ models until the AP3 and software is available

The power gains will be from weight reduction in the wallet area without a tune and other supporting modifications.
Thanks. I figured as much and am familiar with the intake. Just wasn’t sure if the Gen 2 air box was transferred over to the Gen 3. I’m anxiously awaiting the Cobb products to come out

Last edited:

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I figured as much and am familiar with the intake. Just wasn’t sure if the Gen 2 air box was transferred over to the Gen 3. I’m anxiously awaiting the Cobb products to come out

Same I want a tune, bad.

spizike9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn’t matter…Tesla has figured out how to source chips better than the other guys and/or have changed design and software to adept…everyone else is at the mercy of China.

Teslas use a different type of chips. The rest of auto manufacturers use an older style.

ihoffland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s exactly what they’re doing; removing content and not disclosing it to buyers.
FSD is an upgrade you have to pay for, so they mitigated chip issues by removing the FSD chip from some of the cars in China… so rather than driving around with all the tech installed but not activated, they just removed it. Seems like you guys didn’t really even read the article.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
FSD is an upgrade you have to pay for, so they mitigated chip issues by removing the FSD chip from some of the cars in China… so rather than driving around with all the tech installed but not activated, they just removed it. Seems like you guys didn’t really even read the article.
I read the article. They’re removing content and not notifying buyers. Which is typical of a company run by a con artist. They also clearly didn’t do any testing as to whether safety could be affected. There are redundancies in designs for a reason, and you can’t count on Tesla to tell the truth as to how necessary that redundancy may have been regardless of their claim that it was only for their BS “full self driving” option, which itself is nothing more than a glorified SAE L2 system and crashes into things.

“I cannot think of a case where an automaker would say ‘You know what? We’ll take a component out of that module, even though it was there for a good reason and we’ll hope nothing happens,’” Phil Amsurd, an IHS Markit principal analyst, told CNBC.