Cobb for GEN 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ta2punk

Reaction score
No, a Cobb employee was commenting on a post just a couple days ago on the Facebook raptor group. Said they currently don't have an ETA. I told him I was going to hold on to my V3 Accessport from my current car because I assumed that could be used. He said more than likely that will be the case but still no official word.

OP
OP
RadRaptor

RadRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, a Cobb employee was commenting on a post just a couple days ago on the Facebook raptor group. Said they currently don't have an ETA. I told him I was going to hold on to my V3 Accessport from my current car because I assumed that could be used. He said more than likely that will be the case but still no official word.
Thanks for the info

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm curious if this is a matter of time to figure it out or more supply chain crap. It takes the time it takes to do the R&D but it'll be frustrating if this is supply chain related. I'm surprised they have no ETA when Gen 3s have been out for some time now.

catinthehat85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If these tunes are anything like other enthusiast vehicles with strong aftermaket communities, several of us will be contacted by cobb or other tuners for some real world data validation before anything pops up in online stores. I haven’t seen it in this phase yet from any of the common/respected tuners. It’s not difficult (relatively speaking) to develop an aggressive tune, the trick is dialing in a tune with near stock reliability (or sometimes better than stock) while eeking out enough gains to make a noticeable difference.

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If these tunes are anything like other enthusiast vehicles with strong aftermaket communities, several of us will be contacted by cobb or other tuners for some real world data validation before anything pops up in online stores. I haven’t seen it in this phase yet from any of the common/respected tuners. It’s not difficult (relatively speaking) to develop an aggressive tune, the trick is dialing in a tune with near stock reliability (or sometimes better than stock) while eeking out enough gains to make a noticeable difference.
I've been told Cobb has yet to crack the ECU for the Gen 3, which means they're probably not working on a tune yet. My gut is to say "why the heck is it taking so long, put more hours into it," but I have no idea what I'm talking about on that front.

Also I'm completely speculating on this, but I don't think Cobb reaches out to random people on forums to see if they want to real-world test their tunes. Pretty sure they test on an in-house copy of the truck and probably have some local people who they validate it on before release.

catinthehat85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been told Cobb has yet to crack the ECU for the Gen 3, which means they're probably not working on a tune yet. My gut is to say "why the heck is it taking so long, put more hours into it," but I have no idea what I'm talking about on that front.

Also I'm completely speculating on this, but I don't think Cobb reaches out to random people on forums to see if they want to real-world test their tunes. Pretty sure they test on an in-house copy of the truck and probably have some local people who they validate it on before release.
You could be right, I don't remember Cobb reaching out to anyone in recent times. I actually did a little data validation for them over 12 years ago on a subaru, but the company was very different back then. I say they need to stop messing around with boring cars like Porchse 911's and Nissan GTR's and focus on us instead =)

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They stated that they are currently
working on it but with no ETA.