GEN 2 COBB Accessport - Tuned by GooseTuned

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daytona1783

Reaction score
Have you ever tried 93?

Is there a reason you have a Halo vehicle but use the lowest possible grade of fuel??

This is mind boggling to me, so in all seriousness I would like to know your thought process.

I guess I never thought of it that way. I like my Raptor, but to me it’s not a halo vehicle. I typically drive slow and relaxed (because I drive fast for a living) so the need or desire for speed just isn’t there. I’m more interested in the transmission tuning than anything. Due to this, I only put 93 in about once a year. Typically I only fill up once a month, if that. That was the reason for my question originally. Is the price of admission worth the small hp gain and trans tuning if I primarily only use 87. From goose tuned post, it doesn’t seem so…

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I guess I never thought of it that way. I like my Raptor, but to me it’s not a halo vehicle. I typically drive slow and relaxed (because I drive fast for a living) so the need or desire for speed just isn’t there. I’m more interested in the transmission tuning than anything. Due to this, I only put 93 in about once a year. Typically I only fill up once a month, if that. That was the reason for my question originally. Is the price of admission worth the small hp gain and trans tuning if I primarily only use 87. From goose tuned post, it doesn’t seem so…
Fair enough, you an Amazon driver (just giving you some crap).

You will gain HP and MPG with higher octane. The HP rating isn't based on the worst conditions, it is based on the best.

It doesn't sound like you drive enough to make it pay, but I would estimate with 87 you are down 2-3 mpg over 93.

Once place I go, in the middle of nowhere, about 100 miles from next nearest gas station (and that one isn't better for sure) only carries 87 non-ethanol fuel. Twice I have had to get fuel there as I was around 1/4 tank and 250 miles from home (150 to next station with premium). First time I thought it was my brain, but 2nd time. Can definitely tell in a short time(few miles) PCM has backed power down. Removing timing.

Wilbur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry if this has been answered before, but what happens if you're on a road trip and can't find an E85 station? Does it adjust if you're forced to fill up with 93?

After a year or so on Stage 2 93, I'm ready for more, but that's the biggest thing holding me back.
It's time for more power...

Where can I find the E50 tune on your website? And I'll also need to buy the fuel tester if I understand correctly?

I'm also thinking of buying Turbo Inlet Tubes - Either the AMS or CVF. Will they make a noticeable difference? Do you recommend one over the other?

OP
OP
GooseTuned

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It's time for more power...

Where can I find the E50 tune on your website? And I'll also need to buy the fuel tester if I understand correctly?

I'm also thinking of buying Turbo Inlet Tubes - Either the AMS or CVF. Will they make a noticeable difference? Do you recommend one over the other

Yeah, a tester like this: https://fuel-it.com/products/ethanol-content-tester.

They help with spool. AMS has been most popular that I've seen: https://www.goosetuned.com/product-page/ams-2017-2020-raptor-f150-3-5l-ecoboost-turbo-inlet-tubes

icecoldak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
20HP from AMS tubes alone---That would be pretty crazy, have you verified this on the dyno--Goose?

OP
OP
GooseTuned

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
20HP from AMS tubes alone---That would be pretty crazy, have you verified this on the dyno--Goose?

Peak power is not changed, so you just make power earlier = better spool.

So they do-do something, they just don't affect peak power.

These are needed for bigger turbos though! So if you plan on that in the future they DO help there!