Clunking sound on Gen 3 too

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Had mine at the dealership for the same issue all you are experiencing. They reached out to Ford Tech and Ford told them that it's most likely the way a RAPTOR drives due to the performance suspension. They were told to compare it to another Raptor in which they didn't have an available one on the lot so they just returned the truck to me without doing anything. Beyond frustrated. Plan on taking it back and asking for a second opinion. Is this something LEMON LAW would apply to?
If all trucks are exhibiting the same noise, it’s considered an undesirable characteristic. A service message was released years ago for Gen 1 shock noises that were normal, dealers were replacing shocks that had nothing wrong with them.

Ford monitors all contacts to the tech line. If they see a significant volume of contacts regarding this noise concern, which it appears that they will, they will release a service message stating it’s normal (most likely not) or a bulletin to resolve it.

riv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If all trucks are exhibiting the same noise, it’s considered an undesirable characteristic. A service message was released years ago for Gen 1 shock noises that were normal, dealers were replacing shocks that had nothing wrong with them.

Ford monitors all contacts to the tech line. If they see a significant volume of contacts regarding this noise concern, which it appears that they will, they will release a service message stating it’s normal (most likely not) or a bulletin to resolve it.
it's more than "just a noise"

WestTXRaptor6

Full Access Member
Reaction score

6th Raptor and have never felt this clunk, not even on the couple I put 60k plus hard miles on the original shocks.

OP
OP
S

Shaheen J

Reaction score
So far no update on the back ordered shock. My dealership has a dedicated Raptor tech. He is 100% sure it’s the rear shock and that it is not normal. They want to replace it an will but they need the part which they can’t get.

Like i stated in an earlier post, it will likely be next summer if we are lucky before there are parts available.

So we will all live with this annoying noise and rattle for some time to come.

But it could be worse. Imagine to poor raptor owner who gets in a crash and the shock is damaged. They would not be able to source a replacement shock. This is truly ridiculous that Ford is making a new truck where parts are not available.

The Magnusun Moss Warranty act requires a car manufacture to provide parts for any car under full warranty or risk replacing the car. This isn’t a lemon law it’s a warranty law. I’m not sure I want to fight this yet but if I do t get a better answer soon, I may pursue it.

aileron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's ******** and I wouldn't cut Ford any slack here. As long as they're producing new trucks they have no excuse under the law or otherwise to not promptly provide replacement parts as well. If Fox had shut down production of shocks it would be a different story.

Incidentally the Magnusson-Moss Warranty Act is the federal "lemon law", since it defines the terms under which a manufacturer must repair, replace or refund a defective product covered under warranty. Individual states may have their own more specific laws as well.