Clunking sound on Gen 3 too

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlueWhale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aside from annoying noise, is there any harm driving for few thousand miles?

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I want to go out and pound some bumps and see if it goes away like it did on my 19

dspangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I take it none of you addressed the lower control arm bolts (cam bolts at the proper high torque), or the clearance issue in the shock mounts? I can’t believe you guys are pulling your hair out on this… super easy fix. Why complain when you can fix it.

GoldBeach

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I take it none of you addressed the lower control arm bolts (cam bolts at the proper high torque), or the clearance issue in the shock mounts? I can’t believe you guys are pulling your hair out on this… super easy fix. Why complain when you can fix it.
That's not the issue.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How about more detail

GoldBeach

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How about more detail
There are about 3 or 4 of the same posts in this thread from him. Always references an old thread about it that I haven't found. I spent $300 having the cam bolts replaced with heavy duty 12.9 grade hardware and torqued to spec. Made no difference and my clunk is not coming from the suspension according to 2 shops. Both thought it was driveshaft related. A transmission shop also agreed it was likely coming from the transfer case after they looked at it.