Climate Control Stuck on High

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jakehobbs

Reaction score
Issue started yesterday where the if the climate control is on, the fan is on high. I can still adjust temp, go from auto to manual(even though it stays on high), and select where the air is coming out. I can even adjust the fan speed on the nav, it just doesnt change. Quick google search leads me to believe its the blower motor resistor? Problem is, the parts Ive found online say "W/O auto temp control". Anyone have input? Last time I took it to the dealer for
the service advisor was a total idiot, so im trying to avoid the dealer at all costs.

phydough

FRF Addict
Reaction score
MOTORCRAFT Part # YH1829 {#BL3Z19E624A}
Front; w/ Electronic Dual Zone AC

For 2010-14 at Rock Auto.

Also lists;
MOTORCRAFT Part # YH1827 {#9L3Z19E624B}
w/ Electronic Dual Zone AC

For 2010-11.

You must choose wisely.

Rock Auto searches are better than Google.

OP
OP
jakehobbs

jakehobbs

Reaction score
MOTORCRAFT Part # YH1829 {#BL3Z19E624A}
Front; w/ Electronic Dual Zone AC

For 2010-14 at Rock Auto.

Also lists;
MOTORCRAFT Part # YH1827 {#9L3Z19E624B}
w/ Electronic Dual Zone AC

For 2010-11.

You must choose wisely.

Rock Auto searches are better than Google.

Thanks Phydough, I will put it out and get a physical look at it before pulling the trigger.

My main question though was has anyone else had this issue? Wondering so that I can confirm instead of speculating what the problem is.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there are a lot of hondas with this same problem. and it is usually the resistor. although its a different vehicle manufacturer, i think its going to be the same problem and the same fix

JimT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a '10 that is experiencing the same issue as above with the fan stuck on high speed. Is there a DIY on how to get to this part? where is it located? I assume under the dash somewhere, lol and of the 2 part numbers listed which would be the correct one.

Thanks, JimT

dancry

Reaction score
The climate control is on, the fan is on high. It's a Raptor 2017. Can anyone help me with some advice? Where the blower motor resistor is located? Maybe some pictures, or what piece I need to order.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The climate control is on, the fan is on high. It's a Raptor 2017. Can anyone help me with some advice? Where the blower motor resistor is located? Maybe some pictures, or what piece I need to order.

What system do you have? Dual Zone automatic or Electronic Manual?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dual Zone automatic.
The fan being stuck on high when the climate control is turned on can be caused by a short to ground or power on the blower motor speed control circuit or by a faulty blower motor control module (part of blower motor) or faulty Front Controls Interface module (FCIM). There are most likely DTCs stored in the FCIM; do you have access to ForScan?

dancry

Reaction score
Thank you for your answer FordTechOne. I disassembled the fan. I have to reassemble it and see what errors it gives on Forscan. When I have news I let you know.