Clear Bra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Corey77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I was thinking the same but wasn't sure

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

Thanks! I was thinking the same but wasn't sure

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had the front, the leading edge of the hood, and the leading surfaces of the mirrors done. Worked great until I destroyed a mirror by smacking it on the mirror of another truck in traffic. Now only one of my mirrors has a clear bra.

If it's the good stuff it should be covered take it back and have it done

noblesramair

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it's the good stuff it should be covered take it back and have it done

Even the good stuff wont cover against damage thats not associated with clear bra defects. The self healing is awesome and works great but can still be damaged beyond what the self healing is capable of. For example if you get into an accident like what sounds like happened they arent going to replace the film for free. Now if your cool with your installer and they are big on customer service they may give out a free mirror piece as in the previously mentioned post but if you run into someone and need a new hood, fender, etc dont expect to get another free install. This is why we have insurance. When an accident happens a good insurer will ask if you have any upgrades, if they dont you need to tell them! Sometimes they will make you provide a receipt and then they will cover replacing the clear bra.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Even the good stuff wont cover against damage thats not associated with clear bra defects. The self healing is awesome and works great but can still be damaged beyond what the self healing is capable of. For example if you get into an accident like what sounds like happened they arent going to replace the film for free. Now if your cool with your installer and they are big on customer service they may give out a free mirror piece as in the previously mentioned post but if you run into someone and need a new hood, fender, etc dont expect to get another free install. This is why we have insurance. When an accident happens a good insurer will ask if you have any upgrades, if they dont you need to tell them! Sometimes they will make you provide a receipt and then they will cover replacing the clear bra.

The insurer isn't involved because I have a $500 deductible and the mirror cost less than that. The installer isn't going to replace clear bra on a mirror housing that I destroyed. I'm not overly concerned about it - after paying over $350 for my mirror and about $275 for the other guy's mirror, the cost of a small patch of clear bra isn't going to damage my stomach lining.

noblesramair

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The insurer isn't involved because I have a $500 deductible and the mirror cost less than that. The installer isn't going to replace clear bra on a mirror housing that I destroyed. I'm not overly concerned about it - after paying over $350 for my mirror and about $275 for the other guy's mirror, the cost of a small patch of clear bra isn't going to damage my stomach lining.

Ya i agree if you were at fault and dont do a claim then no insurance won't cover it obviously and it was my point that the installer wasn't going to cover it hence my accident comment. Now I'm cool with my installer and he's made over $10k on me with all the clear bra and ceramic coating work I've given him in the past so I know if I went to him and asked him what it'd cost if it happened to me he'd probably do it for free or at least only charge me cost. Either way your right not really a big deal.

OP
OP
JetDriver480

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Was thinking about Waxing her once the paint is cured. Should I do a bra before or after waxing should I go this route? Any other waxing concerns? I assume once an area has been covered in a bra there is no need to ever address that area?

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I assume once an area has been covered in a bra there is no need to ever address that area?

Just think of it as a minor challenge

OP
OP
JetDriver480

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Kind of worded that wrong... knowing the Bra last's like 5 years, maybe more just curious if in time, waxing other non-covered areas if the bra area becomes more noticeable in time. Obviously the better the clear bra material the better the result.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I was just stating the clear bra should send you a piece is all no biggy if they don't. mine is sprayed on so if I get a chip all of it's covered, I agree my fault my responsibility. but why not ask for a piece do it yourself if they are good it will be in the mail. probably could have taken it off the old mirror and put it on the new one.

vr4henry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a full coverage quote for XPEL Ultimate.... wait for it: $8500. Yikes.

Probably just do the opticoat stuff and some partial coverage.

Last time I did full coverage (911 racecar) it was ~2800. Guess there's a lot more material on the Raptor :)