Claims of Raptor Being Too Wide

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVTTrooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Has there ever been a time when you came across a parking garage that was less than 6'10" high?

nearly every old parkade.. but some new ones are 7 ft but then you find out they just measured the door and didn't account for HVAC in areas.. ******* lol

MW Truck

Reaction score
Less 6’10” high garages in Penn State and Cleveland. No worries though love it as a daily.

CigarPundit

On the road to serfdom...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Has there ever been a time when you came across a parking garage that was less than 6'10" high?

Yes, sometimes. In that case I just park it on the street on in an uncovered lot.

My other car is an F80 M3! Perfect combo, IMO. Two great performance vehicles at the opposite ends of the spectrum.

OP
OP
W

Wingman335

Reaction score
Yes, sometimes. In that case I just park it on the street on in an uncovered lot.

My other car is an F80 M3! Perfect combo, IMO. Two great performance vehicles at the opposite ends of the spectrum.

That's awesome! Yeah, my F80 is starting to show its weakness in terms of interior space, mostly because we are expecting our first kid in a few months. I am planning to keep the M3 as a fun car, and get a fun daily driver- which is were I started looking into Tacoma TRD Pro and Raptor. The tacoma is also terrible with interior space, so Raptor seems to be the only fun choice.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My wife will also be driving this, so would you say that its a non issue for a real woman too? :p

So you're concerned that your wife can't handle the width and length....of the Raptor? Depends on her skills and how comfortable she is...driving the Raptor.

The answer of whether or not it makes a good daily driver depends on where you're regularly going to drive it. Check the parking garages you frequent. Do you frequent any lots that have tighter spaces or are always near full. Toll booths won't be a problem, but you might have to use a different lane perhaps, that sort of thing. If you want to keep it in the garage, makes sure it fits. Mine has height clearance, but doesn't fully fit length wise. I'll park it in there on the weekends sometimes with the garage door left open.

I came for a smaller vehicle as well, there's not much of an adjustment driving on the roads. Parking can be a challenge, but the cameras make it a lot easier.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback- I've been careful with my cars as well, so that's not an issue. I just don't want to think twice about "if there will be a wide enough parking" whenever I feel like hitting the road.
The reality of being a Raptor owner is that you’ll end up turning up your nose at some parking spaces purely because you don’t want to be parked next to some peasant-car bmw, range rover or prius. It has very little to do with parking space width.

But what to do if the only parking available is next to one of the above peasant cars? snap a picture of their plates for the likely door scuffing you’re about to get so you’re able to file the report with the proper authorities.

as to garages - 6’8” is the lowest I’ll attempt and I’m 2 for 3. I had to back out of one because yeah, it was 6’8” but when you go up the ramp you had way less clearance- and a lot of paint scuffs.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've seen chicks driving Raptors on a daily basis.

I also see plenty of bro-dozer daily drivers with huge negative offset wheels that have a wider track than a Raptor.

Despite the wider track, the mirrors are the widest point of the Raptor, just like every F150 on the road.

Spectragod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hahahah! Unfortunately I'm used to small cars (currently I drive a 2018 BMW M3). My wife will also be driving this, so would you say that its a non issue for a real woman too? :p

I daily mine, it is parked in the garage, and fits (barely), wifey drove it for the first 6 months till she got a new truck, she didn't kill anyone or anything, so..... given that, even a bad driver can handle it with ease.

Last edited:

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
But what to do if the only parking available is next to one of the above peasant cars? snap a picture of their plates for the likely door scuffing you’re about to get so you’re able to file the report with the proper authorities.

You also can just jump the curb and make your own parking spot in some cases. Or decide that you don't wish to park after all. I am not a fan of big crowds so chances are, I won't enjoy my time at that establishment anyway.