Cigarette power timeout?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dgt1031

Reaction score
is this powered 24/7? I hav my radar plugged in and want to leave it plugged in without draining out my battery. Does the socket timeout or is it powered at all times?

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
From the Ford Manual:

Note: Timed power points remain on for 30 minutes if the vehicle is in accessory mode. If you switch the vehicle off, the timed power points remain on for 75 minutes.
Power points may be in the following locations:
  • On the instrument panel.
  • Inside the center console.
  • On the rear of the center console.
  • In the seat bin.

MadMaxx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried to change it to off with the key, and it wouldn't take.

Outlets wouldn't fully shut down, they'd sit there and pulse the power On & Off quickly.

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried to change it to off with the key, and it wouldn't take.

Outlets wouldn't fully shut down, they'd sit there and pulse the power On & Off quickly.
You made this change through Forscan? I've never tried to mess with the settings, so not sure how/if they function as stated in the spreadsheet info.

jzweedyk

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My original comment was wrong, I assumed it worked like the USB ports which do turn off shortly after the door is opened. The 12V plug in the center council does not immediately turn off. Sorry for the misinformation.