choosing a color (dont laugh)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

I am in the same boat. To be honest, the color of the raptor to me isn't as important but resale is because I plan on having this for 3-5 years and will probably upgrade to either the newer model raptor or even a Shelby raptor. I ordered a 2014 SE in Ruby Red. I do want the SE for the interior and its only available in black or RR. I am debating on changing it to a black SE. With Ruby Red, I am getting the hood graphic too as the red/black contrast does look good. If I changed it to black, I probably would remove the hood graphic. Price wise since RR cost more along with graphics cost, I would figure the RR would have a better resale than black and from what I was finding, the RR will be only offered in 2014, making it even rarer. My brother being in the auto industry for over 17 years (owned his own lot) tells me to get black if resale is a concern regards if RR and graphic cost more initially.

So now I am debating on changing my order....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

CougarKiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the Ruby will hold it's own on resale... but to be honest Raptors in general just don't go down in value. I got my new 2013 for $39,850 and most of the 2010s around here in AZ even with a good chunk of miles on them and packing a 5.4 still go for $37-38k ... I would get the ruby red just cause it's a standout like the terrain.. the fact that terrain looks great freshly washed or covered in dirt is a bonus.