Chipwerke for 2017 Ecoboost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boss301

Reaction score
Does pedal commander complete this device? I would like to know how they work together? Are they both plug and play? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Bevan11

Reaction score
Chipwerke Raptor

Are those numbers for Raptor or just standard 2017 3.5L? Is this made for the Raptor?

Spartan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are those numbers for Raptor or just standard 2017 3.5L? Is this made for the Raptor?

If you are interested in this I would do the on-line chat with them on their website. They answered all of my questions after I did a little on-line research about piggy back tuning.

cobra281

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting, thought the HO 3.5 would have been calibrated differently, although this Piggyback probably calibrates accordingly... This was their response:
"Hey Mike,

The Chipwerke will work for all F-150 Ford trucks as long as they are 3.5L and turbocharged

You will see an increase of 87hp to the wheels which would bring it to over 500hp"

kpg81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just installed the Chipwerke today on my '18 Raptor. I can feel a difference, but it's not mind blowing.. it pulls harder though. My butt dyno is very calibrated, i'd say there is about a 35-40hp gain at best.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s still a value.

It’s like a boostmax or a scorcher.

My MPT tune is mind blowing. I’ll never look back.

Just installed the Chipwerke today on my '18 Raptor. I can feel a difference, but it's not mind blowing.. it pulls harder though. My butt dyno is very calibrated, i'd say there is about a 35-40hp gain at best.

kpg81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so I drove the truck some more, and there’s definitely a bigger difference in power than I initially thought.

I think there’s at least a 50HP again from this thing. It’s quicker for sure, no gimmicks. I have other cars that are in the 600-800HP range and are super quick and I’ll tell you for a truck, I wouldn’t want it any quicker then this.

Also, if I blow the motor there is no trace of the ECU being flashed which is the reason I went with this. Sure a custom tune would make more power, but this is a perfect compromise between a power upgrade and keeping your warranty and piece of mind. Totally worth the $$$

Jmorris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesnt this chipwerke come with 3 setting? Has anyone ran any higher than the first setting? Has anyone datalogged this yet?

Pedal Commander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! Glad to hear that our other product, Chipwerke, has caught your ear!

To answer a few of the questions I've seen:

YES, Chipwerke works beautifully with Pedal Commander, they basically complete each other. One gives power, one gives throttle response. Peanut butter & jelly.

We would NEVER promise a certain horsepower increase unless we have done the Mustang dyno testing ourselves. We borrowed a (non-Raptor) 2017 ecoboost for a couple weeks and had our way with it, including strapping it onto the dyno at Full Throttle Kustomz in Fillmore, CA. I personally drove the truck every day. City, highway, up mountains, down mountains, full throttle PLENTY of times (that was fun, lol) and I never saw a check-engine light. We put this product through the ringer before we made it available to the public.

With my personal experience in builds and tuning, this is a very conservative tune and poses no risk to your truck. Of course we could turn it all the way up and market it as something that gives you 150+ HP, but it wouldn't be a safe tune and thats bad business. This little box of miracles will not void your warranty, flag your ECU or tell your dealership you're enjoying your Raptor to the fullest extent, haha.

Last edited: