Chipwerke for 2017 Ecoboost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xBryanHoodsx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So is this a boost only upgrade? I mean does it not affect other tuning parameters?

Just trying to get first hand word on how it is different from the Scorcher which connects to the same sensors it seems.

These are all the same... scorcher ... boostmax they all do they same thing

Spartan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
https://www.chipwerke.com/product/f...rke-performance-chip-tuning-piggyback-system/

vs.

http://afepower.com/afe-power-77-43023-scorcher-gt-module

vs.

BoostMAX BX600035V4 Increase throttle response, add additional boost and power to your 3.5L Ecoboost.

This chipwerke seems to be working well with the pedal commander. It is the same company I believe. I tried JMS boost max with jms pedalmax and it didn't work. I am not sure if the scorcher can be used with the pedal commander but I think that the answer is no.

Jmorris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you still liking the chipwerke tuner? Any issues or dislikes?

https://www.chipwerke.com/product/f...rke-performance-chip-tuning-piggyback-system/

vs.

http://afepower.com/afe-power-77-43023-scorcher-gt-module

vs.

BoostMAX BX600035V4 Increase throttle response, add additional boost and power to your 3.5L Ecoboost.

This chipwerke seems to be working well with the pedal commander. It is the same company I believe. I tried JMS boost max with jms pedalmax and it didn't work. I am not sure if the scorcher can be used with the pedal commander but I think that the answer is no.

Spartan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you still liking the chipwerke tuner? Any issues or dislikes?

Nothing bad to say so far. It definitely made a difference when I put it on based on the seat of the pants feel. With the numbers that they advertise I might not even get a tune at all or at least for a while. Pulling this and the pedal commander off might just be a down grade. Someone pointed out that the scorcher is adjustable on the fly but I don't want to adjust it. I just adjust the pedal commander. It's a little expensive I suppose but worth it to me.

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So just plug it in and I get 87 more hp.. I’m gonna install 2 maybe.. one to shit on and the other to cover it up with.. haha jk.. it sounds really great.. I’m jealous

Spartan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you post a link where to buy it?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

See my post with the link above in this thread. It is new. Maybe one of the vendors here sells them. I think that it is the same company that sells pedal commander. Web site says made in Germany If I remember correctly.

cobra281

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does this in fact include the gen 2 raptor? Can't find anything that confirms:
Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 2017 and Up ChipWerke Performance Chip Tuning Piggyback System

boss301

Reaction score
See my post with the link above in this thread. It is new. Maybe one of the vendors here sells them. I think that it is the same company that sells pedal commander. Web site says made in Germany If I remember correctly.
Thanks! Do I need to buy the pedal commander too?

OP
OP
M

mikeyj67

Reaction score
Thanks! Do I need to buy the pedal commander too?

You don't need it but I would recommend it.

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------

Nothing bad to say so far. It definitely made a difference when I put it on based on the seat of the pants feel. With the numbers that they advertise I might not even get a tune at all or at least for a while. Pulling this and the pedal commander off might just be a down grade. Someone pointed out that the scorcher is adjustable on the fly but I don't want to adjust it. I just adjust the pedal commander. It's a little expensive I suppose but worth it to me.

Just curious if you have gone higher than setting 1?

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

Does this in fact include the gen 2 raptor? Can't find anything that confirms:
Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 2017 and Up ChipWerke Performance Chip Tuning Piggyback System

Yes