Check engine light comes on and vibrating on acceleration?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Driving to an appt. yesterday about 10 miles one way and noticed shaking upon acceleration. Does not occur while coasting at all.
Check engine light (little engine symbol under the speedo)
came on flashing and then off and on again intermittently.

Any ideas to fix or do I need to bring to shop,and if so,OK to drive about 30 miles?

Thanks guys..!

2014 6.2 Whipple SC

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If your CEL was flashing that indicates a catalyst damaging misfire on one or more cylinders. Being that your truck is supercharged, I’d start with a basic inspection of the spark plugs.

Nesc204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine did that and it was 1 coil pack. Also truck went into protective mode, no Air conditioning since 1 cylinder was dead. Felt like I was driving a jack hammer and huge loss in Power

OP
OP
Ricoman

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well...went out this morning to check some of the things you guys said,and...well...didnt find the problem,but pretty sure I found the cause...F*$)@ Mice..!! Opened hood and found this by latch and battery.....so figuring a wire was chewed thru,but for the life of me cant see where.. :-(
Glad I got AAA...not gonna chance driving it 30 miles to my Mechanic.....
L1240176.JPG

OP
OP
Ricoman

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine did that and it was 1 coil pack. Also truck went into protective mode, no Air conditioning since 1 cylinder was dead. Felt like I was driving a jack hammer and huge loss in Power

Thanks...but didnt go into protective mode...and not really a huge power loss,or jackhammer feeling...its like a little "miss"...as I posted with the photo,looks like a mouse had dinner on a wire someplace.. :-(

Proflyer

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FWIW I had something eat the wire harness on one of my BMWs. BMW had to replace the entire engine harness which was $3800 with labor. State Farm covered it under my comprehensive coverage, so I was only out my $100 deductible, plus they covered a rental/loaner from BMW. I'd start a claim if you have comp. The lady in claims at SF was laughing that she processes 2-3 of these a week, so it's not as uncommon as I thought.

OP
OP
Ricoman

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW I had something eat the wire harness on one of my BMWs. BMW had to replace the entire engine harness which was $3800 with labor. State Farm covered it under my comprehensive coverage, so I was only out my $100 deductible, plus they covered a rental/loaner from BMW. I'd start a claim if you have comp. The lady in claims at SF was laughing that she processes 2-3 of these a week, so it's not as uncommon as I thought.

LMAO....I had a 540I BMW and dont want to tell you the damage those little F*##@( did to it...opened trunk one day and after it sat for a month (was not a daily driver) and it looked like half my insulation was formed into a mountain..!! Was lucky they only went for the Stereo System wires...what a mess..!! I hear they LOVE BMW's..!!!
As far as my Raptor,its a 2014,so,no coverage....but just talked to my Mechanic and it will be towed there Monday...dont want to take a chance driving it with the miss....
OH..just reread your reply...AUTO coverage.....OK....cool...will check that out.>!!! THANKS

Proflyer

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LMAO....I had a 540I BMW and dont want to tell you the damage those little F*##@( did to it...opened trunk one day and after it sat for a month (was not a daily driver) and it looked like half my insulation was formed into a mountain..!! Was lucky they only went for the Stereo System wires...what a mess..!! I hear they LOVE BMW's..!!!
As far as my Raptor,its a 2014,so,no coverage....but just talked to my Mechanic and it will be towed there Monday...dont want to take a chance driving it with the miss....
OH..just reread your reply...AUTO coverage.....OK....cool...will check that out.>!!! THANKS
haha right on. At first I was like...why wouldn't you have comp on your truck?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter