Perpetual Check Engine Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TampaRaptor82

Reaction score
Looking for some insight and if anyone else has experienced this issue... My check engine light is now on for the 3rd time this month after being in the shop 2 times this month already. 1st time was to troubleshoot the 1st time the check engine light came on. The Cam Phaser fix was completed and purge valve replaced. 2nd time the check engine light went on just 3 days after the repairs were complete. A fix was done to the purge valve vacuum hoses that were not properly attached. Now less than a week after the 2nd visit to the dealership, the light is on for the 3rd time. No rough idle, no lag or strange noises. Definitely a big inconvenience due to the fact I have to drop the car off and then figure out alternate transportation as there are no loaners provided. Thought about stopping by AutoZone to run the codes but still doesn't solve for the light constantly being on. Any ideas on what this could be or similar experiences?

JorgesRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s not a lot of information to run on, the light could be coming on for the issues you just had “fixed” or something new. Without running codes it could be anything, stopping by AutoZone to get it read really quick or getting Forscan or equivalent to read it yourself is step 1.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Jen juan? 2 or 3 ??? R??? Not a lot of info indeed
Had cam phasers, so early gen 2. Trouble started after a repair and continues. I think we all know the cause, he just wants to avoid taking it to the clowns who keep messing up. I have no advice other than to find another dealer with a better shop.

OP
OP
TampaRaptor82

TampaRaptor82

Reaction score
Jen juan? 2 or 3 ??? R??? Not a lot of info indeed
Gen 2 (2019) and unfortunately, not much to relay other than it's getting cumbersome to have to go back and forth dropping it off and waiting for answers. Never had a vehicle pop this many check engine lights in a row after being worked on consistently for the past month in and out of the shop. Didn't know if anyone's experienced similar issues or if this is just shit service department and low level techs working on it.

JorgesRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gen 2 (2019) and unfortunately, not much to relay other than it's getting cumbersome to have to go back and forth dropping it off and waiting for answers. Never had a vehicle pop this many check engine lights in a row after being worked on consistently for the past month in and out of the shop. Didn't know if anyone's experienced similar issues or if this is just shit service department and low level techs working on it.
Could totally be a shit service department, but again without knowing codes you can’t rule out that it’s a new problem. There’s code reader apps on phones that can do the job too just need to get a Bluetooth OBD reader.

I’m one of those people that only goes in for service if it’s something super expensive but covered under warranty or it’s just something I can’t do. Get the code read, and once you know what it is, do some research to see if it’s something you can do yourself. Between this forum and YouTube any problem can be solved :D

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As the others have said, there are literally thousands of possible DTCs; one of more if those are the reason that the check engine light is on. Does the truck have any modifications?

OP
OP
TampaRaptor82

TampaRaptor82

Reaction score
As the others have said, there are literally thousands of possible DTCs; one of more if those are the reason that the check engine light is on. Does the truck have any modifications?
No mods and the Ford Pass app just says to remove the gas cap and screw it back on. Yet they don't have gas caps on the easy fuel systems so that's helpful. It's probably something emissions related. Will get codes pulled and go from there. Appreciate insight.