Cheap spare tire rack!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
FabTech also has a universal spare tire carrier. It's also adjustable for 31"- 35" tires. Here's pics of mine, still contemplating drilling into the bed or continue to save for a bed cage. View attachment 16317View attachment 16318

You could take that tire rack and make a frame kinda like what I started out with and weld it to that. That way you wouldn't have to drill holes into the bed.

7419d1333071976-bed-cargo-cage-image-6-.jpg

Nitefighter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really like that idea! I may just do that! I got this carrier as a gift for helping a friend so I haven't put a lot of thought into it yet.

OP
OP
Danactive

Danactive

I'm Back!
Reaction score
love the custom set up guys! keep em coming!

Iron Man, it looks very nice pretty much exactly what im looking for but different style gas jugs, how did you make the wheel hub/release adapter?

BlackMamba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would love to have a cool bed/tire rack, but am too cheap and have zero welding skills. I think I have $20 invested in 4 bed bolts to hold down my 2nd spare. Survived TRR, a few trips to Cycle Ranch, and some other trips to Arizona and Wyoming. And it lets me roll my cover shut when fully loaded. Something to consider if focusing on other mods or if your check book is just tired.

2012-05-30_17-31-48_504.jpg

OP
OP
Danactive

Danactive

I'm Back!
Reaction score
very nice idea black mamba! i just hadnt seen a thread regarding this all piled into one so i like where this is going so other members can see everything from the pricey bought racks to the cheaper versions to the homemade! thanks again for all of the help and advice guys i will be sure to add mine once i start building!