Cheap cheap light bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mad Max

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can the 40" be mounted above the FORD, or will the horn be in the way? My 8" KC HID's are right below the FORD, so it wouldn't help for me to mount a LED bar behind them.

Orionkhan

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

MIAMIRAPTA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats only a 20" showing that much light? wow

Yeah, it's great for short to mid range. But without the condenser lens that most high end lights have, it doesn't really throw much more than about 150 yards. You definitely start to outrun it at over 60.

But for $180 it's hard to be mad. Even the flush mounts were only $45 each.

Last edited:

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This Rigid Bracket with the Tuff Stuff 40" bar works perfect. You can adjust the height of the bar and put it perfectly below the F O R D lettering behind the grill. 10 minute install not including splicing into under the hood Aux wiring.

Okay then. Pulled the trigger on this 40" for $169

Amazon.com: Tuff Stuff Performance 40" Led Off Road Led Light Bar Flood/Spot Combo Beam- 3W Led-240W-15,000 Lumen: Automotive

And this 20" one for $80

Amazon.com: Tuff Stuff Performance 22" Off Road Led Light Bar Flood/Spot Combo Beam- 3W Cree Led-120W-7500 Lumen BEWARE: ALL OTHER RESELLERS ARE SELLING LOWER GRADE LIGHTS AND FOOLING YOU THEY ARE NOT TUFFSTUFF - BEWARE: Automotive

Any good writeups on the 20" install under the bumper?

jocdmd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, a 40" led bar can be mounted behind the grill above the Ford. I just did that with the same tuff stuff Chinese led light. You'll need to make your own brackets. This how I did ( not saying its the best or only way ) :
1. Move horns
2 buy aluminum L brackets ( Home Depot in wood framing area ) they were 2" wide and each side was about 4-6" long. Cut those down as needed.
3. Mount brackets to stock bolt locations ( behind those mud flap things next to headlights)
4. Use mounting brackets that come with the lights so they point down. Now the light kind of sits on the brackets you mounted.
5. Trim grill support brackets as needed. ( I got a little crazy and trimmed some fins off the back of the light to avoid radiator hose- but probably not needed)
6. Wire it up - ( I think it was Birdman who did the aux wire post)
Hope that helps-jeff

Last edited:

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This Rigid Bracket with the Tuff Stuff 40" bar works perfect. You can adjust the height of the bar and put it perfectly below the F O R D lettering behind the grill. 10 minute install not including splicing into under the hood Aux wiring.

Did you use the supplied brackets and attach them to the Rigid brackets, or did you just use the Rigid brackets and remove/discard the supplied brackets?