Charging circuit performance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alcoolaid

Reaction score
My truck (2017) exhibits the same characteristics as the op. I my icom radio has a voltage display and I can see it’s always outputting 14.5+ volts.

I have a blackvue 2ch dashcam that does slowly drain the battery at night or when parked.

I notice that if I trickle charge the battery the auto start stop will work right away. I do notice that the oem battery doesn’t hold as good as a charge (testing voltage) to determine state of charge. I attributed it to my battery getting weaker and that the charging system is working perfectly fine. Just my 2 cents!

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My auto start works as soon as the car temp warms up. AC or heat......stereo of not, auto start kicks on every time until i turn it off.

Mine operates the same way. Driven roughly 1.5hrs a day during the week. To my knowledge these trucks have a 200amp alternator in them I read. Even shorter driving trips should allow this sized alternator to charge up a healthy battery In short time. My Voltage read on the dash can go from 12.5-14 on average. Most times the auto start/stop is predictable and other times it will run more so. Several variables it has to account for.