Changing gear clunk sound ( sometime) , new raptor normal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What does taking the negative terminal off do?
Resets what?

Thanks

It clears the learning algorithm from the TCM. It’ll “relearn” your Driving behavior. Sometimes after having already broken the truck in it helps to have this done again- particularly if you happened to have a TCM reflash from dealer too w/ whatever updates you may or may not need.

Reaction score
I’ve definitely noticed it clunks between shifts if you happen to be lifting throttle as it’s shifting/skipping gears. Sport mode is so rough I mostly don’t use it.
Did you ever figure out the clunking ? I have a 2012 and first to second gear when I let of the throttle it clunks .. I’m not sure if it’s the transmission or transfer case making the clunk

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you ever figure out the clunking ? I have a 2012 and first to second gear when I let of the throttle it clunks .. I’m not sure if it’s the transmission or transfer case making the clunk
No but I don’t think you and I have similar transmissions or transfer cases. Mines a 2017. Mine is pretty minor and mostly just in or out of 3rd gear.