Ceramic coat the GEN3? What brand.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Token

Reaction score
As many have said, CQuartz and Optimum are really DIY friendly. Lots of detail places charge astronomically for the ceramic coating, which to me is the easiest part. My detail guy said he can do a 1-stage new car polish on it (should be enough to have the truck looking amazing) for around $300. The prep is the biggest workload. Applying the product takes 2-3 hours depending on how many coats you wanna do. I just apply coats until the bottle is empty. Check YouTube university for the DIY route.

EMY92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once you're past the polishing, the finish line is in site. It takes less than 10 minutes for the hood, that's the biggest panel. The longest part is getting all of the plastic and glass coated, but the painted surfaces are quick and easy. The prep work is what takes time.

Then again, when I break out the pressure washer and foam cannon, that usually takes me about 3 hours to wash/dry the truck. When doing a full detail, the drying isn't as critical with the claying up next.

RotorOver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are going to consider DIY then also take a look at the Adam's UV Ceramic Paint Coating. It contain a UV tracer in it visible under UV light during application to help you make sure you have even coverage. It's rated at 9H and 5+ years if you maintain it properly. I installed it myself on two cars and have gotten great results.

PerfectoR

Reaction score
I took my 2020 GT500 over to have full PPF and Ceramic PRO 9H on it professionally done. Everything on the PFF was coated and I had the wheels done as part of the package. Its amazing how the car looks months later on. I plan on just doing a Ceramic PRO 9h on the Gen 3 I have on order without the full PPF on it. The local place near me Titan Motorworks has a Gold package which has a lifetime warranty on it.

Here is what they offer for around $1500 for everything and (NO I am not advertising for them at all). This just gives you a good idea as to what is involved if anyone is looking to have theirs professionally done:
  • 4 layers of Ceramic Pro 9H on all painted exterior surfaces
  • 1 Extra layer on exposed areas
  • 1 Layer of Ceramic Pro Top Coat
  • 1 layer of Ceramic Pro Wheel and Caliper on wheel faces
  • 1 layer of Ceramic Pro Rain on windshield

Stan G

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took my 2020 GT500 over to have full PPF and Ceramic PRO 9H on it professionally done. Everything on the PFF was coated and I had the wheels done as part of the package. Its amazing how the car looks months later on. I plan on just doing a Ceramic PRO 9h on the Gen 3 I have on order without the full PPF on it. The local place near me Titan Motorworks has a Gold package which has a lifetime warranty on it.

Here is what they offer for around $1500 for everything and (NO I am not advertising for them at all). This just gives you a good idea as to what is involved if anyone is looking to have theirs professionally done:
  • 4 layers of Ceramic Pro 9H on all painted exterior surfaces
  • 1 Extra layer on exposed areas
  • 1 Layer of Ceramic Pro Top Coat
  • 1 layer of Ceramic Pro Wheel and Caliper on wheel faces
  • 1 layer of Ceramic Pro Rain on windshield
Oddly enough, I didn't think about windshield, what about interior hard surfaces?

EMY92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I only coated exterior. For the door jambs and painted surfaces on the inside of the door, I used a paint sealant. I did the same with everything under the hood. Much less prep and still had great results.