Cement Moon Roof shut?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kuuzi

Reaction score
This weekend I picked up a 2011 SCab with 130k miles. Made the grave mistake of messing with the moon roof, wouldn’t shut then drove 3 hours through pouring South Carolina rain. I did manually get it ‘shut’. Right now I used some packaging tape haha, that is holding it.

I’m deciding wether I should cement or use some expoxy to lock it in place, then maybe vinyl wrap over it.
Is it even worth fixing to break again?

I have searched the internet for different options but most are just nightmare stories of repair costs.

omoplata

Reaction score
This weekend I picked up a 2011 SCab with 130k miles. Made the grave mistake of messing with the moon roof, wouldn’t shut then drove 3 hours through pouring South Carolina rain. I did manually get it ‘shut’. Right now I used some packaging tape haha, that is holding it.

I’m deciding wether I should cement or use some expoxy to lock it in place, then maybe vinyl wrap over it.
Is it even worth fixing to break again?

I have searched the internet for different options but most are just nightmare stories of repair costs.
There are some really good YouTube videos on repairing the sunroof track. It takes a few hours but it's an easy fix. I ordered parts from Amazon and I believe they're also available on Ebay . Good luck with your project!

OP
OP
K

kuuzi

Reaction score
Shouldnt be too bad if its just the rails. If so, Order the parts and do it right. Please don't epoxy your moon roof.

Now, Where the hell are the pictures of the new ride??
Yea I was not happy, broke the moon roof then the hardest rain fall in years for 3 hours. I ordered the kit, working on uploading the pictures.

Jonny V

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah we need pictures....also would like to know how your moon roof project goes. I have a '12 and was thinking on doing it just as a maintenance thing....parts don't last forever.