Wind Noise from twin panel panaromaic moon roof

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
YoshiTheRaptor

YoshiTheRaptor

Reaction score
Yeah, I still think that the glass panels are loose/not aligned because if air is getting in while driving, water would get through while the roof is closed as well. I will pull down on it on my drive home to see if it hides any wind noise but I feel like that won't be the case.

Did you try it?
I think you are right i tried double sided tape as a test, and foam the issue persisted. I think its the seal between the two pieces of glass that make up the pano roof.

I had 6 torx screws 3 on each side (left and right) if you are sitting in the driver seat? Did i check the right screws?

Terp

Reaction score
Did you try it?
I think you are right i tried double sided tape as a test, and foam the issue persisted. I think its the seal between the two pieces of glass that make up the pano roof.

I had 6 torx screws 3 on each side (left and right) if you are sitting in the driver seat? Did i check the right screws?

I forgot to, it was a long day at work. I'll check this morning when I drive in. I know there are 6 screws on the rear panel, and I would imagine that there are some on the front panel as well. I'll let you know if I have any noise after my ride in to work from pulling down on the drain channel this morning.

Have you tried pushing up on both panels while looking from outside with the roof closed to see if either lifts up? Or maybe see if you can slide a piece of card stock between the labels when closed from above? It should seal tight enough that you can't.

Terp

Reaction score
Definitely doesn't let air in if you pull down on it, I even pushed on both glass panels and couldn't get any air noise between them. So I'm thinking loose panel or bad seal between them will be the more likely culprit.

OP
OP
YoshiTheRaptor

YoshiTheRaptor

Reaction score
Definitely doesn't let air in if you pull down on it, I even pushed on both glass panels and couldn't get any air noise between them. So I'm thinking loose panel or bad seal between them will be the more likely culprit.

Thanks a lot for checking appreciate it. Thinking it's the seal.