Wind Noise from twin panel panaromaic moon roof

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YoshiTheRaptor

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just picked up my 2017 Raptor a few weeks ago.
I have noticed some wind Noise coming from the twin panel moon roof.

If I push up on what I believe to be the drip channel the noise goes away. It's like it's not sealing properly. See attached

I am contemplating using two sided tape on it, but wondering if anyone has experienced this and any other potential fixes ?

Thanks 20200723_091415.jpg

Terp

Reaction score
Make sure the panel screws are tight and the panels are in the correct spot. My dad's 14 F150 Lariat had the screws come loose and it was letting a ton of air in at highway speeds, found the entire panel loose and tightening the 4 torx screws fixed the issue.

OP
OP
YoshiTheRaptor

YoshiTheRaptor

Reaction score
Make sure the panel screws are tight and the panels are in the correct spot. My dad's 14 F150 Lariat had the screws come loose and it was letting a ton of air in at highway speeds, found the entire panel loose and tightening the 4 torx screws fixed the issue.

Thanks checked them.

FYI for anyone having this problem its the drip channel i circled in the first post.
There is foam on it that wears over time it seems, and doesnt seal properly. An expensive part so I might try to fab up some foam or live with it as its not too bad.

Here is the part though

Drip Channel - Ford (FL3Z-1654022-A)

Terp

Reaction score
Thanks checked them.

FYI for anyone having this problem its the drip channel i circled in the first post.
There is foam on it that wears over time it seems, and doesnt seal properly. An expensive part so I might try to fab up some foam or live with it as its not too bad.

Here is the part though

Drip Channel - Ford (FL3Z-1654022-A)

That's weird, that piece doesn't seem to seal anything on mine. It looks like it is only there to direct water that sneaks in while you're in vent mode to the side channels where it can drain out...

OP
OP
YoshiTheRaptor

YoshiTheRaptor

Reaction score
That's weird, that piece doesn't seem to seal anything on mine. It looks like it is only there to direct water that sneaks in while you're in vent mode to the side channels where it can drain out...

If u pull down on that piece there is two pieces of foam on each side, seems like that foam deforms over time? I could be wrong but when i push up on this piece while driving, the noise goes away.??

Terp

Reaction score
If u pull down on that piece there is two pieces of foam on each side, seems like that foam deforms over time? I could be wrong but when i push up on this piece while driving, the noise goes away.??

Yeah, I still think that the glass panels are loose/not aligned because if air is getting in while driving, water would get through while the roof is closed as well. I will pull down on it on my drive home to see if it hides any wind noise but I feel like that won't be the case.