CEL after Morimoto T-Stat Install?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed a Morimoto thermostat in my truck two weeks ago, in preparation for adding a Cobb programmer soon. However, this morning after about 500 miles of driving, I had the CEL come on. Has anyone else had this issue? And if so, any advice?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
what code are you getting?
(hint: FORSCAN will allow you to pull and clear codes, so if you don’t already have it, you should get it up and running).

icecoldak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your CEL may have nothing to do with the T-stat at all!! what are the codes

DougDimmadome

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As others have asked, what codes are coming up? Other question, what temperature thermostat did you install?

OP
OP
WillieFlo

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Better call Goose
I would, but I don’t have the tuner on there yet. Didn’t wanna bother him. If it continues to happen after I get my Goosetuned Cobb, I’ll definitely hit him up. It didn’t seem to affect the performance of my truck.

Fastback89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting, I installed the 170 in mine and has not thrown the light after at least 2000 miles. I have been curious about the colder water temps going into winter.