P2112 code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So the truck has shut off at stop signs or in the parking lot a few times, loss of power briefly then boom power comes back and kicks hard from whatever happens going away, this morning taking tank to the vets the truck lost all acceleration, wrench came on, pulled over no throttle. Ran scanner had p2112 code and a misfire on startup. Restarted truck, ran without an issue. No CEL still. Wrench went away. After driving for 45 mins rechecked code....no P2112 code anymore. I have fuse 27 done btw. My mechanic said throttle body possible, but he wants to clean the throttle body tomorrow with my oil change. Says the valve could be sticking due to carbon. The computer showed in the red on the valve which he said usually means it's not closing or opening properly. Anyone else experience this? I do have a tune but have never had this issue. Tune has been on for almost 2 years. Plugs were done 20k miles ago.

rschap1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Haven't had anything like that on my Raptor, but an Explorer I used to have did similar with build up around where the blade closed. Didn't get codes but did run bad, stumble off idle, and sometime rough idle. Cleaning did make things better.

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
So the truck has shut off at stop signs or in the parking lot a few times, loss of power briefly then boom power comes back and kicks hard from whatever happens going away, this morning taking tank to the vets the truck lost all acceleration, wrench came on, pulled over no throttle. Ran scanner had p2112 code and a misfire on startup. Restarted truck, ran without an issue. No CEL still. Wrench went away. After driving for 45 mins rechecked code....no P2112 code anymore. I have fuse 27 done btw. My mechanic said throttle body possible, but he wants to clean the throttle body tomorrow with my oil change. Says the valve could be sticking due to carbon. The computer showed in the red on the valve which he said usually means it's not closing or opening properly. Anyone else experience this? I do have a tune but have never had this issue. Tune has been on for almost 2 years. Plugs were done 20k miles ago.
Any update on your issue?

OP
OP
Meat2022

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had the tb cleaned and put back on , cleared codes, it acted like it wanted to go imto limp mode once but it’s been fine , is this the right Tb for the 6.2 for our trucks? Do we have to have the dealer program anything with an oem tb?IMG_0059.png

OP
OP
Meat2022

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also does anyone have an oem tb they might want to sell? I know some have replaced with an aftermarket tb, the tb from an f250 6.2 is the same as our tb right ?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter