Check engine light after removing COBB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
patire19

patire19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
COBB doesn’t seem to know what it is, dropped it off at the dealer today. I always use a battery charger when installing any tunes.

COBB Tuning

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
COBB doesn’t seem to know what it is, dropped it off at the dealer today. I always use a battery charger when installing any tunes.
Have you had your truck since new? Have you/any previous owners tuned the truck before installing the AP? Definitely an odd one that we haven't seen before - hope that we can find a solution for you.

OP
OP
patire19

patire19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you had your truck since new? Have you/any previous owners tuned the truck before installing the AP? Definitely an odd one that we haven't seen before - hope that we can find a solution for you.
i was the 2nd owner, truck was never tuned. I had the tune on for 3 years with no issues till now. Just shot you guys an email. Dealer is saying that the CEL is for incompatible communication with the PCM, this is something that happens typically when you install a tune. it will not let them update the PCM.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i was the 2nd owner, truck was never tuned. I had the tune on for 3 years with no issues till now. Just shot you guys an email. Dealer is saying that the CEL is for incompatible communication with the PCM, this is something that happens typically when you install a tune. it will not let them update the PCM.
The dealer needs to reference General Service Bulletin (GSB) 21-7122 on PTS and follow Module Programming Routine #2 to reflash the PCM to the factory calibration.

OP
OP
patire19

patire19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer ended up not being able to clear the code and questioned me on if i ever had a tune. Took the truck back and was able to speak with COBB and they advised me to change the tire settings to 33.2 without having tune installed. This cleared the CEL and all seems to be good now.