Catalytic Converter Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BSouders80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in the process of upgrading my 2014 Raptor from 6.2L to 6.6L. I will be running 2.9L whipple with oversized crank pulley and 2.875 upper pulley.

I decided that I want to go ahead and get ARH LT 1 7/8" headers.

Livernois is telling me that with their tune, I have to run the GESI Cats. The headers quoted through them with GESI cats is around $2900.

With the sales going on with Black Friday, I can get a set of the ARH LT's shipped to me with ARH cats for $1875.

I asked Livernois if they could delete the code in the PCM so that I wouldn't have to run cats. No, they will not disable a emission code in the PCM.

Livernois says that their tune is locked and no one can access it but them.

Here's another option: I have a local tuner that I use for Dyno tuning and he said he can tune a Raptor.
I can't round him up for a phone call today.

Another option: Buy the headers with no cats. Is there a kit that anyone sales that could/would trick the PCM to think there are still cats on there?

What is my best option here?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tuners used to be able to just tune out the catalyst monitors and related DTCs. The Feds cracked down on emissions tampering the last few years and the fines are huge; some diesel shops that sold tubers and delete kits are on the hook for millions of dollars in fines. The owner of Spartan Diesel even got prison time.

You’ll need to get the catted downpipes if you want to keep the CEL off and have it pass emissions.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There is very little gain in HP (15-20+) and just about 30-40 ft-lbs of torque going catless.
And buying cheap Hi-Flow green cats is problematic.
Also, even with cats on headers they will have to install rear O2 extenders.
And not following Livernois's recommendation will probably void whatever warranty they offer.
Plus, with OBDII emission testing, it will never pass.

I would call up AR and find out if the cats can hold up to supercharged Raptor pushing 800+ HP at the crank.
I do not know of anybody running their header and cat system
I believe member @Vash knows of cats that you can use and might be cheaper.

Last edited: