6.6L Livernois Dyno Run

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

BSouders80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How's the drive train handle all that power? I have a 26k bonus from sales coming soon and live in Detroit, I have JLT, sb air filter, 5 Star tune, Roush cat back.. did u get the billet oil pump upgrade? Told needed for SC .. I plan on making my current a monster and getting a white daily driver. I stole a 2011 with 107k miles for 19k with 3 year unlimited Mile warranty in Ohio, as soon as warranty is up going to get into it heavy... I like the drive shaft, headers and that are next with oil pump.. how much did the traction bars help. My truck screams already and I don't run the race tune usually.. 3 mpg difference on daily street. It's actually better by . 6 then economy because the shift points I believe. I'm concerned on the hard shift of race daily. I'm sorry that's a lot. But u have the exact set up for my weekend toy plan. I have a plane near ******* where there's trails and bowls everywhere

When I added the SC, I did not add the billet oil pump. My motor failed after 5k miles or so after adding the SC. SC installed around 75000 miles. Failed around 80k. I did what a person should not do. In the stage 2 kit from whipple, there are 2 pullies. Do not install the smaller pulley on stock bottom end motor. And absolutely do not install the smaller pulley and pull a drag car up a 1/2 mile decent grade hill on the way there.

Long story short: I lost compression on a cylinder. I don’t know the exact failure yet, but will once I tear it down.

I went back with the 6.6L long block from Livernois. So yes, that has the billet oil pump installed. There are pros and cons to Livernois. I get it, but their tune is locked down. Remote tuning or even data logging with them - post install (done locally) has been challenging. I want them to review my data logs and make sure everything is happy before I show off hard pulls with it. Their tuner will record the data logs but it’s not sending the files to them for review. They have their own tuner, their own app for sending/receiving files and data logs. I’ve been working through it with my sales guy, but he’s stretched thin and he’s working on more sales. I’ll get there eventually.

One thing to keep in mind - These are big heavy trucks and I will run it through the 1/4 sometime this spring, but that’s not what the power is for in my mind.

If your truck runs good now with your tunes, look into upgrading the suspension. The $26k can be gone like a fart in the wind with motor and supporting mods and the same as suspension.

For comparison, I just got the gen 2 fox race dsc 3.0’s installed on the front with the new buckets. Also added fox race 3.0’s to the back. $6k in shocks. $600 for buckets and $650 labor to install buckets and front shocks. At some point I’ll go to the 3.5’s in the back, it’ll cost more. Going to the Deaver springs, $2k. UCA’s about $1300. Tie rods, $650.

If you really want to go big, go with mid-travel kit $12k-$13k + install and 3.5’s in the back.

Really though - Figure out your goals and build it in that direction.

But if you add that SC, I’d keep it at 6 psi boost unless you have another chunk of change sitting around.