Cat Delete?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm not running a tune and never have for over 11 years now. My dealer told me, "do whatever you want with that Raptor and we will warranty everything, but don't put a tune on it or...." They honored everything even when I showed them doing jumps in the dunes, etc. I think maybe with its age it's time to put a tune on it. I will look into it.
Wow.. I don't think I know anyone that added Long-tubes and didn't run a tune.
Long-tubes scavenge so much better than a log manifold that you normally +- Fuel at certain spots in the RPM to maximize efficiency. @FordTechOne is probably correct on you being lean!

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow.. I don't think I know anyone that added Long-tubes and didn't run a tune.
Long-tubes scavenge so much better than a log manifold that you normally +- Fuel at certain spots in the RPM to maximize efficiency. @FordTechOne is probably correct on you being lean!
He could always install a wide and gauge and keep an eye on it to verify.

Guess could also pull the plugs and look at them as well. I have read to do that properly you would do it after a dyno pull or track run, but you could probably pull them and get some idea anyways.

I tend to agree with the two of you. He probably is running a touch lean.

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
He could always install a wide and gauge and keep an eye on it to verify.

Guess could also pull the plugs and look at them as well. I have read to do that properly you would do it after a dyno pull or track run, but you could probably pull them and get some idea anyways.

I tend to agree with the two of you. He probably is running a touch lean.
I run a wideband on stock-ish exhaust and the factory tune is lean on mine.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I run a wideband on stock-ish exhaust and the factory tune is lean on mine.
I have always thought about doing that prior to making any changes. I plan to supercharge the truck in the next year or so. Figured I would run the gauges ahead of time and get a feel for what the truck was doing in stock configuration.

saulvr

Reaction score
Does is still run good? The only time I had cats go was on my V70-R, and it ran like I shoved a corn cob into the exhaust. It lost about 70% of it's power. I gutted the cats and put a spacer on the rear O2 sensor to fool the reading. It's been great for several years now, no CEL's. I never had any weird smells, just a huge power drop.
Where I can get this o2 spacer?