GEN 2 Cast Base or Forged Beadlock Capable?

Cast Standard Wheels or Forged Beadlock Capable Wheels

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dewserb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth, a screen shot of the hero card where my dreams of gunmetal wheels were crushed. Lol!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160812-203159.jpg
    Screenshot_20160812-203159.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 183

Dewserb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All this said, and mark my words, they'll offer those wheels in gunmetal in 2018.

mwakgp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lazy Question: Could I run in soft sand with the beadlock capable wheels + beauty ring at say 18-20 PSI? Once I get the Raptor, it will be my daily driver + weekend dune runner (surf fishing vehicle) + occasional family vehicle. Not opposed installing true-beadlock but not a huge fan of spending a few hours to switch them back and forth every weekend or so. Any advantages to just running with the beauty ring vs. the standard base wheel? Sounds silly, I know, but curious of your thoughts. thanks.

None at all, it's the same as a regular wheel in the beauty ring configuration. You're not just swapping the rings you're moving the bead of the tire when you switch to bead lock mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shepherd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you spent $1200 extra when a $6 can of plasti-dip would have solved your issue?

Sure plasti-dip isnt the best fix but its a good temporary fix until you decide on some better aftermarket options.

For about $500 you can have your factory wheels acid stripped, powder-coated any color you want, and have your tires re-mounted and balanced. Factory quality application of an aftermarket color. I did this with my RX-8. I can recommend a good shop in Cincinnati if anyone is interested.

matt33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For about $500 you can have your factory wheels acid stripped, powder-coated any color you want, and have your tires re-mounted and balanced. Factory quality application of an aftermarket color. I did this with my RX-8. I can recommend a good shop in Cincinnati if anyone is interested.
I thought about that, but for $500-600 I found online, I'd just as soon put that money toward a higher quality forged beadlock capable wheel.

Shepherd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can see where you're coming from. I mentioned it mostly as an option for people who prefer the look of the cast wheel, but don't care for the color. I'm thinking burnt bronze would look pretty nice on them...