GEN 2 Cast Base or Forged Beadlock Capable?

Cast Standard Wheels or Forged Beadlock Capable Wheels

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For those that are actually planning to purchase or have ordered, what wheels will you select.

Base wheels or the Beadlock capable ($1165.00 option)

Its not a bad price for forged though. Also some may go aftermarket right off the bat or with the next set of rubber....

I cant decide...

RAPTERRIER

Full Access On Your Mom
Reaction score
I ordered a Raptor with the beadlocks as I don't like the cast wheels. It'll be a rare occasion that I'll need the capability of the beadlock wheels. I may, however change my order, get the cast wheels and then swap them out with these after I take delivery. They're about the same price as the beadlocks:

Fuel-Beast-22x12-8-lug-Cloned421427865046.jpg

rms8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those that are actually planning to purchase or have ordered, what wheels will you select.

Base wheels or the Beadlock capable ($1165.00 option)

Its not a bad price for forged though. Also some may go aftermarket right off the bat or with the next set of rubber....

I cant decide...

I went with the base cast wheel. The base wheel is actually a beautiful wheel, considering it's the "base" option. Paying 1165 for a wheel that does not wow me from what the base has to offer in terms of aesthetics is NOT worth it to me. I would never ever take advantage of the bead lock feature as you have to take the wheel off the truck and flip the outer bead off the rim. Then when you want to go back to the street, you have to reverse that process. Too much of a hassle.

That option is only for the VERY SERIOUS minority out there....unless you just prefer the look of those wheels over the cast wheels.

Wolfeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I chose the forged over the cast because I like the look better and prefer a factory wheel over aftermarket.

mahabali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered the beadlock capable... If the standard wheels were black I would have gone with them though... Still going back and forth on this though, may change my mind as $1200 is kind of nuts.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ordered the beadlock capable... If the standard wheels were black I would have gone with them though... Still going back and forth on this though, may change my mind as $1200 is kind of nuts.

So you spent $1200 extra when a $6 can of plasti-dip would have solved your issue?

Sure plasti-dip isnt the best fix but its a good temporary fix until you decide on some better aftermarket options.

matt33

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Same here. I love the base wheels in dark gray, but I personally think they look bad in the machined finish as shown in the order guide. I also prefer a forged wheel, so Ford only making the base wheel in machined/bright aluminum was the kick in the ass I needed to order the beadlock wheels.

I personally don't like the thought of plastic-dipping brand new wheels on my $60k truck. I'd rather have Ford's beadlock capable wheel than an aftermarket wheel in the same price range, so that's what I went with.