CarPro DLux Ruined my Plastics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
My truck has less than 5K on the odometer. When I bought it I decided to ceramic coat the paint and while at it I decide to protect the plastic black trim. I never thought it would ruin my plastics the way it did. I've tried using a bunch of products and nothing has worked. I asked CarPro and they said I could pressure wash it off from a close distance and nothing. Tried some stuff from Meguiar's that removes wax from black trim and no luck. I'm at the point of just replacing. This product is GARBAGE! I coated my wheels and no issues but not sure why it jacked up my black trim. My hood cowell, beside caps and hood scoop ruined. The only work around is applying a regular trim dressing and it will stay black but once it's washed it looks like shit. Any suggestions before I just buy new trim. The hood scoop might get replaced with a carbon fiber one. 1c7952a6996530fa1200961b2368c86e.jpg76773067b252240f0edb1efb010b401c.jpgdfc62dcb2c398f83350609ac254f8952.jpg

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
OEMPlus Raptor

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
No I get that. I can get it black with some trim shine but it's just a bandaid. I want that crap off.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you tried something simple like isopropyl or wd40? Probably have to take the pieces off to protect your paint but that sucks big time.

OP
OP
OEMPlus Raptor

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
Have you tried something simple like isopropyl or wd40? Probably have to take the pieces off to protect your paint but that sucks big time.
Tried isopropyl alcohol but not WD-40. I may try that next. If you look closely. It looks like the pressure washer did help, but I want to try something else. Water is scarce in California.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Kranzle 1122

You might see if you can borrow a more powerful gas powered washer. We have an electric one too, after our gas one petered out. It's convenient, but when I need to do something like the deck, I end up renting a Simpson.