CarPro DLux Ruined my Plastics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spectragod

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kranzle 1122

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk
Great for washing your car, not so great for actually removing any material.

Gas will do it, but depending on the tip and tip distance, you could damage the trim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hwycycle

Reaction score
Not the result you’ll be hoping for... removing the product, but I’ve removed some faded black plastics with a heat gun/propane torch (from a distance).

OP
OP
OEMPlus Raptor

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
Great for washing your car, not so great for actually removing any material.

Gas will do it, but depending on the tip and tip distance, you could damage the trim.

I thought about that as well. That might be my last attempt. I was hoping someone knew of some sort of chemical that would easily remove it.

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk

Spectragod

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3m makes a product called emblem and adhesive remover, it can be purchased at an auto paint store or maybe if you have a buddy in the body shop biz he could get it for you.

It will not damage automotive plastics, I will recommend wearing gloves when using as it will dry your skin so bad it’ll practically make your hands a fire hazard. And it smells, lots-o-ventilation required. It should take whatever is on your plastic off, it will take wax and grease off your car too.

Mk1 Caddy

Reaction score
Yeah I don't think its coming off the plastics are porous. I would try painting them with this.download (1).jpeg

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
After you get that product off, try this stuff, it is Absolutely the best on the market. Once you apply it, it will actually darken the plastic a bit. It’s extremely sticky and thick when first applying. I love this product

https://www.autogeek.net/gyeon-trim...MIoKaVheDW7gIVQh6tBh03IQLBEAkYBSABEgKvDPD_BwE

I followed your lead before LOL. All good. Have any pics of your trim? Does the product spread evenly or self level and absorb into the plastic to a degree? How long is drying time?

OP
OP
OEMPlus Raptor

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
Really? You put some chemical on it, jack it up, and want Ford to pay for it? That isn’t right. Why shouldn’t the company who made the product pay for it?
I just bought the bed rails and tailgate trim. I will eventually remove the hood vent and replace with a carbon fiber piece. I'd consider this more of a PSA. I don't think dealers would pass those plastics under warranty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTRaptor20