Carbon fiber

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dewserb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the orange honeycomb accent isn't carbon fiber

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

i mentioned it on the other thread, but it was the same with the GT350s. they are obviously very close to production and know they dont have enough of whatever to fulfill all orders as originally scheduled therefore...material hold

Which is really strange because after 2 calls to both Ford and my dealer today, I'm still confirmed "unscheduled clean". Either way, I'm deleting the CF. Not worth risking it getting held up because I'm not head over heels about it.

_M_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which is really strange because after 2 calls to both Ford and my dealer today, I'm still confirmed "unscheduled clean". Either way, I'm deleting the CF. Not worth risking it getting held up because I'm not head over heels about it.

yeah so you may not be impacted by it depending where you were scheduled...either way I'm sure you'll be happy. I was on the fence too but the more i see pics of the cf the more i want it

Dewserb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah so you may not be impacted by it depending where you were scheduled...either way I'm sure you'll be happy. I was on the fence too but the more i see pics of the cf the more i want it

The more I see it, the more I like it too. No biggie though. Not worth finding out it'll hold me up after its too late to change it.

pughde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got this from Ford Service today concerning CF delay:

If there are any material holds, this info is proprietary to the plant and not shared with us or customers, Dwight. At this time no retail 2017 F-150s are scheduling to build at all, so Raptors won’t schedule at this time either.

As far as when they will begin building, F-150s should begin production in a month or so. As we go through production, the better info your dealer will have. Check back in a couple of weeks for any available info.

Deysha

DROPOUT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Per a FB 2017 Raptor Discussion Member ~ DB is supposed to go live with the F150 on 9/27/16.

Not sure whether Raptors will be mixed in on that first day/week or not.

But at this point, I haven't seen anything verifiable.

RAPTERRIER

Full Access On Your Mom
Reaction score
When I ordered mine I optioned it with CF and it was classified as unscheduled clean right away. I'm the #1 order at my dealer and they're getting their first two by the end of the year. If there is a hold on CF and it's only an additional month or two then I can handle that. But if CF delays my order for say 5 months or longer then I'll have to reconsider. At this point in time I think pulling CF out of my order is premature. Not only that but I rather that my truck isn't in the first couple hundred trucks made anyway.

yenrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I ordered mine I optioned it with CF and it was classified as unscheduled clean right away. I'm the #1 order at my dealer and they're getting their first two by the end of the year. If there is a hold on CF and it's only an additional month or two then I can handle that. But if CF delays my order for say 5 months or longer then I'll have to reconsider. At this point in time I think pulling CF out of my order is premature. Not only that but I rather that my truck isn't in the first couple hundred trucks made anyway.

That is about where I am at with it, plus a little more time allows for a little more cash to be set aside as well.

Nordic

Full Access Member
Reaction score

That is about where I am at with it, plus a little more time allows for a little more cash to be set aside as well.

Anyone have a feel when the point of no return is? If you go from unscheduled to scheduled hold is it then too late?