Carbon fiber parts from Covid boredom

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
EL Snagadore

EL Snagadore

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would also be interested in the taller hood vent with the fender vents as well.
Unfortunately designing a whole new hood vent is something I would have to have someone at the team do. They would have to scan the original, add changes, 3D print it and then go through that process. As cool as it would be to do Its too much work on my end. If I had everything and could do it myself I would do so. Sadly I do not

OP
OP
EL Snagadore

EL Snagadore

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well its pretty cool of you to lay out how the whole thing works in getting CF parts produced. Gives me some insight to the whole process now. Lucky for you the team footed the design bill, so you can sell these parts at a good price. I see the problem now with producing more. You would unfortunately end up having to sell these other newly produced parts for a bit more to make any worth while profit. To some degree, you can do a volume business with having the best prices period on quality parts. I would go out on a limb and say nothing will sell more for a Raptor then the the Hood and side vents.
Yeah I mean sliding one under the rug was no biggie especially since we were down during this pandemic. BUT that's not too say that its out of the question. Obviously would take and time, capital and would have to reach out beyond forums to sell. And that is where you would run into problems with anything Ford, F150, or Raptor related that would be made. I mean I know I could make a product just as good as Anderson, or whoever, if not better with better prices but I just have to see if I can dedicate the time and resources to it. But I am going to get a few more things made that us guys at the shop want to get. So we'll see what we decide on. I voted Applique, others said Bed cap rails, grill, hood collector, and mirror carries. the mirror carries are kind of a pain in the ass to remove. So we'll see. Thanks for the feedback and suggestions

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I mean sliding one under the rug was no biggie especially since we were down during this pandemic. BUT that's not too say that its out of the question. Obviously would take and time, capital and would have to reach out beyond forums to sell. And that is where you would run into problems with anything Ford, F150, or Raptor related that would be made. I mean I know I could make a product just as good as Anderson, or whoever, if not better with better prices but I just have to see if I can dedicate the time and resources to it. But I am going to get a few more things made that us guys at the shop want to get. So we'll see what we decide on. I voted Applique, others said Bed cap rails, grill, hood collector, and mirror carries. the mirror carries are kind of a pain in the ass to remove. So we'll see. Thanks for the feedback and suggestions

I hear yah. The design process is interesting. Scanning the part and printing it to check accuracy is some work. Curious can they not produce a mold from an original part to start with? Or is the mold truly produced from the CAD file you send them?

I still think the vents which you produced are by far the most popular and would sell the most of. Keep these coming if possible.

OP
OP
EL Snagadore

EL Snagadore

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i'd drive to philly to pick up a set!
Soon as I get some more in I will let you know
Wider fender flares??
That would have to be designed. Of I could buy a set already out of plastic and use that, but how many items would sell. See thats the thing, trying to see what would sell to at least make back the production costs.
I hear yah. The design process is interesting. Scanning the part and printing it to check accuracy is some work. Curious can they not produce a mold from an original part to start with? Or is the mold truly produced from the CAD file you send them? I still think the vents which you produced are by far the most popular and would sell the most of. Keep these coming if possible.
So your correct its mainly one or the other, They can mold from an original part but usually laser it for symmetry. Anything like raised hood vent or wider flares has to be CAD and Printed then molded, unless they make a plastic version. then they could mold that. Now if we were making forged carbon then it would be straight design and cut out of the carbon, which is bad ass. but the price to make something in forged carbon is real bad ass also.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Soon as I get some more in I will let you know

That would have to be designed. Of I could buy a set already out of plastic and use that, but how many items would sell. See thats the thing, trying to see what would sell to at least make back the production costs.
So your correct its mainly one or the other, They can mold from an original part but usually laser it for symmetry. Anything like raised hood vent or wider flares has to be CAD and Printed then molded, unless they make a plastic version. then they could mold that. Now if we were making forged carbon then it would be straight design and cut out of the carbon, which is bad ass. but the price to make something in forged carbon is real bad ass also.

Dayum. Forged CF certainly is Bass Ass! Just looked it up. So just how many more times than woven CF does it run? I'm going to be real near or above $100k for my truck so that is Bad Ass for me!

OP
OP
EL Snagadore

EL Snagadore

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So sick.... A lot of people dont like it they say it looks like the piece is dirty and dusty...
I'm going to ask just for ***** and giggles how much the hood vent would be in forged carbon.