Car seats for inflatable belts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nood1es

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we currently have a Nuna infant and Nuna 3 in 1 car seat. The Nuna infant can use the latch system while the other one isn’t compatible. But on some ford site it says all of Nuna seats aren’t compatible. What seats do you guys have that’s compatible with the ford inflatible belts? Looking at the Britax pinnacle.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All modern car seats have the hard point buckles and are a 1,000,000x more secure than using a belt. If yours is ancient and doesn't have the hardpoint buckles, I highly recommend upgrading the car seat. Bad things will happen if you try to use an airbag seatbelt to secure a kid's car seat.

OP
OP
N

Nood1es

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All modern car seats have the hard point buckles and are a 1,000,000x more secure than using a belt. If yours is ancient and doesn't have the hardpoint buckles, I highly recommend upgrading the car seat. Bad things will happen if you try to use an airbag seatbelt to secure a kid's car seat.

This is what we have just surprised it isn’t compatible with inflatible belts. Got it 2 years ago.

https://www.nuna.eu/usa/rava

This one was 3 years ago.
https://www.nuna.eu/usa/pipa

*edit*

I’m an idiot.. after some digging it comes with latch belts inside the rava. *face palm*

Last edited:

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I thought the hardpoints were mandated by the govt, but I guess I was wrong. Our old car didn't have the anchor points, and no matter how tight I got the seat belt, there was always movement in the car seat. Using the anchor points, that thing is rock solid and not going anywhere.

I would definitely have serious reservations using airbag seatbelts with a car seat. A minor fender-bender could send your kid flying...or worse.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
FYI, I believe the middle seat belt is not an airbag belt, so that might be the best place to put your kid.

OP
OP
N

Nood1es

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought the hardpoints were mandated by the govt, but I guess I was wrong. Our old car didn't have the anchor points, and no matter how tight I got the seat belt, there was always movement in the car seat. Using the anchor points, that thing is rock solid and not going anywhere.

I would definitely have serious reservations using airbag seatbelts with a car seat. A minor fender-bender could send your kid flying...or worse.

The thought of using the inflatible was out of the pic. I knew I had to get seats for the truck regardless. Was planning on taking my oldest in the “monster truck” but we never went cause I goofed.

jfo1z

Reaction score
You can’t use the latch after a certain weight and some of these seats can be converted and used as boosters later so the seatbelt is the only option then. On my boosters with high head protectors this seatbelt is almost to thick for the guide. I have the air seat belts in my 2019 explorer my raptor is a gen 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: