Can't decide on what tires to buy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
:lol: @3 months every tire developed a sidewall bulge, I called & they said it should be fine. @36k 1 of the sidewalls split right down the bulge & blew out just before getting on the highway. Turns out Goodyear doesn’t know how to bond plies together & the radial bands themselves pulled apart. I also had a few other issues prior. You need to re-balance these every 10k because the density of the rubber isn’t consistent. They'll wear slightly faster on one side causing violent shake @highway speed until you re-balance them. The rubber showed signs of early rot. I'll never buy Goodyear again. The build quality is trash. I wouldn’t trust your family’s safety with Duratrac.

Mine balanced better than the stock KO2's. The KO2's took way more weights to balance and one of them had to be rebalanced at every rotation.
Duratracs are the only Goodyear tire I've had good luck with.

JLP83

Reaction score
Toyo makes great tires and they last. I'm undecided on swapping out the bfg's on my new truck for R/T's right now or waiting until they **** me off to do it. Been dropping way too much coin lately.

dd07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm running on 35 R/T on 20s. Twice as noisy as the stock BFs.
It's a long way to go before they wear out...and i have no idea *********** this noise.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm running on 35 R/T on 20s. Twice as noisy as the stock BFs.
It's a long way to go before they wear out...and i have no idea *********** this noise.

I have 37 Toyo RTs on 17s and mine are not twice as noisy as the factory BFGs. They are slightly louder, but no where near as loud as Toyo MTs I had on one of my previous F150s.

OP
OP
Sharkus29

Sharkus29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I looked into Nitto's as well after reading some of your responses and the Ridge Grapplers look like great tires. Also it turns out I can get a decent deal on a set too so I may just have to try those instead of the Toyo's

SnowDawg

Reaction score
I've been researching my next set of tires and I keep coming back to the Ridge Grapplers. I've had BFG, Mickey Thompson, Toyo ect. Minus being a touch heavy, they seem to be a good all around tire.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've been researching my next set of tires and I keep coming back to the Ridge Grapplers. I've had BFG, Mickey Thompson, Toyo ect. Minus being a touch heavy, they seem to be a good all around tire.

Should check out Cooper ST Maxxes. Ended up beating the RGs for me for precisely the weight reason. Supposed to be no tougher AT tire either.

SnowDawg

Reaction score
Those seem to be a great option. I ruled them out since I was hoping to get a little taller profile than stock, even if it is a minor one. I may have to revisit them. Looks like decent siphing which is nice in Montana winters.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should check out Cooper ST Maxxes. Ended up beating the RGs for me for precisely the weight reason. Supposed to be no tougher AT tire either.

The Nitto RG is a hybrid tire not a true AT tire, it’s a mix of AT and MT I believe the closest thing cooper has is the PRO.

The Terra Grappler is Nitto’s AT tire.

The ST is an 8 ply vs RG 10 ply

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: