Canadian Raptor R Pricing and Orders ($50K ADM!)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Basically the message they're sending is: "You're not poor, you obviously earn enough money to afford a $150K truck and We want additional $50,000 because you're better off than majority of the buyers. If you think you deserve a $150K vehicle because you worked hard and saved up all that money then we deserve $50,000 for working hard for 5 minutes to put your order in"

Or....they are confident that someone else is willing to buy it for $50k ADM if you aren't.

OP
OP
J

JSAN

Reaction score
Or....they are confident that someone else is willing to buy it for $50k ADM if you aren't.

Ok yea for sure. But still feels a bit ******. It's called MSRP for a reason. Govt or manufacturers shouldn't be letting the dealers pull this shit.

I'm still contemplating on whether I should give in and pay the ADM to secure an allocation.

But a lot of options become available at 200k price point. So I'll have to see how badly do I want a half ton pickup that I'll never use to it's full potential.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok yea for sure. But still feels a bit ******. It's called MSRP for a reason. Govt or manufacturers shouldn't be letting the dealers pull this shit.

Definitely no on government intervention. I'm good with Ford doing it, as long as they add a no-resale clause. It would be worse if you have a bunch (more) people buying these just to turn around and sell for a quick buck at the market price.

I'm still contemplating on whether I should give in and pay the ADM to secure an allocation.

But a lot of options become available at 200k price point. So I'll have to see how badly do I want a half ton pickup that I'll never use to it's full potential.

I wouldn't do it, but I don't have that kind of disposable income, not interest in it as an investment, and know that I'm not going use it or baby it the way it deserves.

pjbeats

Reaction score
I am supposedly still “FIRST” on the list according to the rep and I have had a deposit since May of 2019. But they do say that the CDN pricing is still not out yet. I got the order sheets yesterday but nothing further, and with no list price it is a “wait and see” I suppose.

ChaseU

Reaction score
Fortunately, the Green Levy (Gas Guzzler tax) doesn’t apply to pickups and the impending “Luxury Tax” to be imposed on vehicles over $100,000 hasn’t taken into effect…yet.

sammy134

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most Canadian dealers dont do ADM. I got my gen 3 without ADM with no headache AT ALL.

ADM is much more of an american thing. Call and ask more dealers around the metropolitan areas. Im ordering a 23MY 3.5L just for the new colors and trade mine in. Dealer asked me if I wanted the R or normal, I told him I don't need the "R" just yet.

ChaseU

Reaction score
Most Canadian dealers dont do ADM. I got my gen 3 without ADM with no headache AT ALL.

ADM is much more of an american thing. Call and ask more dealers around the metropolitan areas. Im ordering a 23MY 3.5L just for the new colors and trade mine in. Dealer asked me if I wanted the R or normal, I told him I don't need the "R" just yet.
That’s nice to hear. Whereabouts are you located? Here in Alberta (Edmonton), ADM is alive and thriving and on the Gen3 has been a fairly standard $20k.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I don’t agree. Some dealers were asking $5-10k over on Broncos.