Can you get ambers as DRLs on a 19?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrSkunks

Reaction score
I have a 2019, 802a.

What I want is low beam on with parking lights ie. amber halo and 5 marker lights on. I followed the spread sheet, was super excited got it on the first try. I also added the Lincoln auto close mirrors.

I did this all at my office and on the drive home I noticed that the cabin ceiling lights stay on while driving and even with the truck off and locked. I’m assuming the change to the DLR caused this. I’ll reset tomorrow and hopefully fix that. Which are the correct changes for my truck on forscan to get what I want?

Also im assuming the cabin lights are LED, should I be worried this will drain the battery overnight? Is their a battery fail safe or should I make the drive back to my office tonight and reset it?

OP
OP
MrSkunks

MrSkunks

Reaction score
so a bit more research, it seems that the cabin lights being on has happened to others with 19s.

Anyone have some miracle forscan option to fix this?

Is my only option to put a piece of electrical tape over the light sensor lol.

Nibbl3s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did this on my 17. Honestly the lights were so dim in daylight it wasn’t worth it and I reverted it back

OP
OP
MrSkunks

MrSkunks

Reaction score
It seems like the problem I'm having is only for 19+. I don't think they are that dim and I have the low beam still on. I ran my 2014 with the ambers always on and it seems right to me to have them.

If anyone has changes on Forscan I can make that would allow me to keep them on while not keeping the interior dome lights on, that would be great.

For now, I changed it back to stock and put a piece of electrical tape over the auto headlight sensor. This get's me everything I need since the low beams are already on to begin with.

Birdnutz

Reaction score
I have a 2019, 802a.

What I want is low beam on with parking lights ie. amber halo and 5 marker lights on. I followed the spread sheet, was super excited got it on the first try. I also added the Lincoln auto close mirrors.

I did this all at my office and on the drive home I noticed that the cabin ceiling lights stay on while driving and even with the truck off and locked. I’m assuming the change to the DLR caused this. I’ll reset tomorrow and hopefully fix that. Which are the correct changes for my truck on forscan to get what I want?

Also im assuming the cabin lights are LED, should I be worried this will drain the battery overnight? Is their a battery fail safe or should I make the drive back to my office tonight and reset it?
I have a 19 and same issue. Never could get it to work so I reverted back.

SDB666

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure my 19 does what you want, I need to wait until dark to check, but I will tonight.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
why just run the it with the lights on, have to turn the knob everytime but its basically what youre asking unless im too tired to see something else?
And then turn up the interior lights if its too dim for the dash

Also for cabin lights you can press the middle button in front of the switches to turn them off as quick fix for now

OP
OP
MrSkunks

MrSkunks

Reaction score
I simply put a piece of black tape on the light sensor. I’m assuming if I set the switch to lights on, they would stay on even when you turn the car off but I haven’t tried.

I already reverted back but with the changes on forscan, I could click the light button all I wanted and the cabin lights would not turn off. Even after turning the car off, they would stay on for like 15 minutes.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I simply put a piece of black tape on the light sensor. I’m assuming if I set the switch to lights on, they would stay on even when you turn the car off but I haven’t tried.

I already reverted back but with the changes on forscan, I could click the light button all I wanted and the cabin lights would not turn off. Even after turning the car off, they would stay on for like 15 minutes.
Not sure if its the same with the newer trucks, but if you scrolled the brightness/dim wheel all the way bright the interior lights would stay on. Its a button on our trucks but maybe its set at somethin similar?