Can anyone identify a loose part please?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GizmoVance

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I started to install my Baja Designs pocket fog lights. Looking up from under the truck, right above where the right-hand side bracket goes, I saw a loose part. It took a little wiggling to get it to drop out. There's no part number. Can anyone identify it please? Sorry for the rotated photos....can't seem to get them right. But the part looks the same in any direction.

Many thanks!

Until you separated them, I was going to say that it looks like the bushing from the tailgate. Then again, no reason for it to be under the FRONT end.

5375b52dcdaf76bbbd9b49a49ac1c1c2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
F

FlyingBear

Reaction score
It might help if you have a picture of where on the truck you pulled this piece out off. Then others can check the same area(s) of their trucks.

I'm using a photo from Crash457's post on the interior forum, about his Baja fog light install. I was using that photo to make sure that I was installing my Baja kit correctly, and that's when I saw the loose piece. It was rattling around right at the middle top of that photo. I had to poke it around a little to get it to come out. What's weird is that I have 1,000 miles on the truck, and it didn't fall out earlier.

The photo is taken from under the truck, looking up and forward, right behind the right hand bumper pocket.

Attachments

• HIwFa95.jpg
    HIwFa95.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 44

Firemedic269

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it is a bump stop from the inside of your hood. When you open the hood it will be on an upper corner. Or the second option would be a tail gate extender pad. I would send photos of mine as a reference but it's pouring outside and honestly I just don't want to get soaked.

OP
OP
F

FlyingBear

Reaction score
I think it is a bump stop from the inside of your hood. When you open the hood it will be on an upper corner. Or the second option would be a tail gate extender pad. I would send photos of mine as a reference but it's pouring outside and honestly I just don't want to get soaked.

Thanks for the suggestion. I looked, and the hood bump stops seem all to be in place, and look quite different.