Came from Tundra - New Raptor Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Beard

Reaction score
New Raptor owner, found a 2018 with less than 20k miles. I‘ve had Tundras for the last 15 years, just sold my 2020 TRD Pro. It just didn’t feel like it was worth the money. Had a horrible, non stop rear end shudder. Replaced tires, wheels, leafs, shocks, tried shims, shackles. So I got rid of it.

LOVE this Raptor!!

64004332823__B67BDD47-1EAF-4B9E-9F47-187B8D7D8530.jpeg

Webb24

Reaction score
Looks exactly like mine except the wheels. Best truck I have ever owned no doubt. Please be aware of a possible cam phaser rattle. If I had not been looking around on this forum I would have never known what to listen for. My truck had it when I bought it and it was covered under warranty and has never rattled on cold start up since.

RubyDaCherry

Reaction score
Nice! The only truck I would drive other than my Raptor, is a Tundra, real solid trucks, sure they are lacking in some departments but they are very dependable, super roomy and the back window rolling down is MONEY!

RubyDaCherry

Reaction score
Nice! The only truck I would drive other than my Raptor, is a Tundra, real solid trucks, sure they are lacking in some departments but they are very dependable, super roomy and the back window rolling down is MONEY!

@FordTechOne Hey Hey, give me a break now haha. Don't get me wrong, Raptors are AWESOME, I love my truck. But, I can't help in being biased towards Tundra's as my brother has had one since brand new and is at 70K miles and has never once had to bring it into the shop. MY BIL also has one and has never had an issue at all, I have to commend them at that department. The only truck I would take other than a Raptor or Tundra is a new but deleted and tuned F-250!

Last edited:

Jr24

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I came from 16 years of driving Tundras before I bought my 2018 Raptor in late 2017. I had a 2002 Tundra that I traded on a 2010 Crewmax 4wd with the 5.7 which I traded on the Raptor. I liked my Tundras, but I had few problems with them. I love my Raptor still 3 1/2 years later.