Cam Phaser/Engine Failure Reports

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
2020's have a redesigned part so failures should be minimal to none.

So do all 2019's. The updated part number was implemented in production in July of 2018 on all F-150 3.5 GTDIs.

Thank you for the responses. With less than 1,400 miles I’m still learning a lot about these trucks.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You want the dealer to pull the cab. The work is easier to get at and you will get a cleaned job. My guys pull cab in 30 min

Probably a lot better than someone spending hours hanging over your fenders or front end. Even with covers, things could happen.

It does seem pretty drastic for the lay person to see there truck literally separated in half.

RMB_Ryan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably a lot better than someone spending hours hanging over your fenders or front end. Even with covers, things could happen.

It does seem pretty drastic for the lay person to see there truck literally separated in half.
I could see that. The trucks are designed by ford to pull cab. Few things Unclip, master has two nuts that get removed, and that’s it with 8 body mount fasteners

ReRun

Reaction score
Mine was built in July of 18. Dropping it off tomorrow to have them replaced and hopefully all will go well.

it’s also recently started some kind of little rattle when giving it throttle. Sounds like the wastegates or a heat shield loose or something.

loupuleff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have noticed a slight roughness at idle from time to time is this one of the possible side effects ?

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.