Cam Phaser/Engine Failure Reports

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FordTechOne

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tough to say. A TSB can definitely have new part numbers. Ford has issued TSBs in the past with new/revised part numbers.

Except that I already told you it wouldn't.

The SSM I posted provided an estimation of when a TSB would be released. Nothing to do with new part numbers.

You don't even own a Gen 2. Why do you continue to troll threads like these and spread misinformation and cause confusion?

FordTechOne

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fordtechone made the comment that a TSB was coming. He must know something about it since he stated it. Definitely could be new revision parts.

I never made a "comment" that a "TSB was coming". I posted a Service Message verbatim; not my own words.

A lot of things "definitely could" happen. Ideally, you not spreading misinformation and stirring up confusion about an issue that you don't even understand would be the best thing that "could happen".

FordTechOne

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't understand why you care? Do you even own a Raptor? If not, then you are just here to stir the pot?

Unfortunately, that is the "Kuan" MO. Stir the pot, spread confusion, provide doom-and-gloom scenarios. Not sure what is wrong with him; the overwhelming majority of us are here to help each other, exchange idea, and learn about these vehicles; he's made it more than obvious that he's only here to talk trash.

Traffic22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I didn't even get a chance to post the details of my first failure (46k) before the second occurred at 47k. A couple weeks ago, I took her in for an oil change and mentioned the rattle. 2 weeks later, the oil change was finished along with the latest cam phaser update.

I am having a tough time with this. I absolutely love that truck, but I can't come to grips with what is going on. I was stranded 200 miles from nowhere when the engine failed. The worst part is, Ford and Enterprise are so spooked by the media (i.e. COVID) that they would rather leave you stranded in the rain in the middle of nowhere than give you a ride to somewhere safe. I'm having trouble seeing how I can trust this vehicle again.
View attachment 143734
Did you get an update on what went wrong? Curious to know if they’re taking responsibility and fixit it, or if some other scenario took place. Been 3 days and no panicked posts about trouble from the dealership, so I hope that’s good news.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Traffic22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I didn't even get a chance to post the details of my first failure (46k) before the second occurred at 47k. A couple weeks ago, I took her in for an oil change and mentioned the rattle. 2 weeks later, the oil change was finished along with the latest cam phaser update.

I am having a tough time with this. I absolutely love that truck, but I can't come to grips with what is going on. I was stranded 200 miles from nowhere when the engine failed. The worst part is, Ford and Enterprise are so spooked by the media (i.e. COVID) that they would rather leave you stranded in the rain in the middle of nowhere than give you a ride to somewhere safe. I'm having trouble seeing how I can trust this vehicle again.
View attachment 143734
Did you get an update on what went wrong? Curious to know if they’re taking responsibility and fixit it, or if some other scenario took place. Been 3 days and no panicked posts about trouble from the dealership, so I hope that’s good news.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

loupuleff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took mine in today so they can do a cold start in the morning. I showed the service advisor or whatever you call them guys that take your truck the video of the start up rattle he didn't seem to grasp what's up so hopefully the tech will start in the morning wish me luck ! Lol

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

FordTechOne

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did I misunderstand this? I interpreted this as you have heard another TSB is coming. If I misunderstood, I am sorry.

There cannot be “another” TSB if there was never one in the first place. The SSM indicated that a TSB would be published at a later date. That TSB has not been released yet. The revised parts and calibration have been available since the SSM was released.

Why are you so fixated on this when you don’t even own a Gen 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.