cam phaser back after repair/ what's the warranty on original repair?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well good luck actually getting it repaired any time soon if your area is anything like where I am in Texas.

I need to go in also for my second repair of this same issue. Our North Dallas dealers are so backlogged due to lack of engine techs and a backorder of the phasers themselves that they have a huge waiting lists of people trying to get in to get their phasers replaced. I brought my truck to 2 dealers and in both cases the wait, just to get the truck in the shop, is over a month AND once they have the truck they'll keep it 10-14 days file you sit around scratching your ***. ALSO, I paid very good money to purchase the ESP warranty from Ford so should be given a loaner while the repair is being performed however they have no cars and basically told me tough ****. Now, add to the fact my truck is getting close to 60K at which point the repair is under ESP and I'll be responsible for the deductible, even though it's Ford who's delaying the repair.

This is my 6th new Ford truck in a row and prior to all of this I'd have said I'll be moving on to my 7th. I've always been a Ford homer but it has me rethinking my next purchase. I'm shocked at the fact that they have millions of these 3.5 ecoboosts out there that are ticking time-bombs. Wait until all the warranties are out and they start to fail. It'll cost owners $$$$ to get them repaired.

There is no “ticking time bomb”. It’s a noise, not an engine failure. The calibration in the new recall prevents the failure mode from occurring in the first place. For those that already had a rattle, the new parts are redesigned to prevent it from reoccurring.

There is no reason for the dealer to keep the truck once they verify the noise, which only takes a cold soak. You can continue to drive it while the parts are ordered and they schedule your appointment. It’s a 2 day job once you bring it in.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
weird. I just had cam phasers replaced at my dealer in Utah. Took it in two weeks ago for diagnosis, they gave me the truck back the next morning. They ordered the parts and called me when they were in. The repairs were completed this week. Dealer had the vehicle for a day and a half for the actual repair.
That is exactly what should be happening for everyone. unfortunately that is not the case.

copb8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
weird. I just had cam phasers replaced at my dealer in Utah. Took it in two weeks ago for diagnosis, they gave me the truck back the next morning. They ordered the parts and called me when they were in. The repairs were completed this week. Dealer had the vehicle for a day and a half for the actual repair.
If it wasn't so far I'd drive to your dealer. Ours suck.

Foncho

Reaction score
I have a question, after replacing the new phaser s , how long can you go in miles, until you have same issues