cam phaser back after repair/ what's the warranty on original repair?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

r3run33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. my cam phaser problem is back. I'm 100% is cam phaser because I had it before. Original repair was 11/6/2019. Big equation I have is it still covered by warranty? I'm a 2017 Raptor so I believe its out of general warranty but for the original repair; isn't it 1 year warranty? any one know the repair warranty stuff?

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hello everyone. my cam phaser problem is back. I'm 100% is cam phaser because I had it before. Original repair was 11/6/2019. Big equation I have is it still covered by warranty? I'm a 2017 Raptor so I believe its out of general warranty but for the original repair; isn't it 1 year warranty? any one know the repair warranty stuff?
If you are under 60K miles you are covered... also I believe Ford will be extending the warranty for phasers soon. You must have received the old phasers that are prone to fail (same **** you had before) instead of the updated phaser part.

KODIAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you got the old part, Ford should, and likely will, step up and get you the revised parts for another repair and cover it.

Shady 04

Reaction score
There's a FSA(Field Service Action) 21B10 that calls for a reprogramming of the PCM(powertrain control module) pertaining to Cam Phasers. I had mine changed out several months agao and understand this FSA requires 2-3 hours to program, drive, verify and drive again by mechs. I haven't taken it in yet but was told to do it sooner rather than later. All covered under warranty.

Bluto

Reaction score
I just scheduled to get 21b10 done on my truck. They said that it adds an additional warranty to the cam phasers if you get it done before the end of the year. It hopefully also corrects whatever causes the damage. But if your truck already has bad phasers it won't fix the issue.

OP
OP
r3run33

r3run33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info here is a clip of problem. You can search treads for original problem from November last year

Attachments

• IMG_7861.MOV
    7.4 MB

copb8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well good luck actually getting it repaired any time soon if your area is anything like where I am in Texas.

I need to go in also for my second repair of this same issue. Our North Dallas dealers are so backlogged due to lack of engine techs and a backorder of the phasers themselves that they have a huge waiting lists of people trying to get in to get their phasers replaced. I brought my truck to 2 dealers and in both cases the wait, just to get the truck in the shop, is over a month AND once they have the truck they'll keep it 10-14 days file you sit around scratching your ***. ALSO, I paid very good money to purchase the ESP warranty from Ford so should be given a loaner while the repair is being performed however they have no cars and basically told me tough ****. Now, add to the fact my truck is getting close to 60K at which point the repair is under ESP and I'll be responsible for the deductible, even though it's Ford who's delaying the repair.

This is my 6th new Ford truck in a row and prior to all of this I'd have said I'll be moving on to my 7th. I've always been a Ford homer but it has me rethinking my next purchase. I'm shocked at the fact that they have millions of these 3.5 ecoboosts out there that are ticking time-bombs. Wait until all the warranties are out and they start to fail. It'll cost owners $$$$ to get them repaired.

RaptorFun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
10 to 14 days in the shop for the cam phaser repair??? No way!!! The fix to crack open the engine and replace the phasers with the updated parts takes just under two (2) days!

May I recommend you have a conversation with the Service Manager regarding this matter. Good Luck!!

copb8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
10 to 14 days in the shop for the cam phaser repair??? No way!!! The fix to crack open the engine and replace the phasers with the updated parts takes just under two (2) days!

May I recommend you have a conversation with the Service Manager regarding this matter. Good Luck!!
The said it would be 2 days to fix the motor but they had to the truck onsite and in the queue to be on the list. I was totally pissed and argued that it was incredibly bad customer service and illogical. No go, that's the way it is. That's at both dealers in my area. I can't imagine what this will do to folks who have no alternative transportation or need the truck for their jobs.

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well good luck actually getting it repaired any time soon if your area is anything like where I am in Texas.

I need to go in also for my second repair of this same issue. Our North Dallas dealers are so backlogged due to lack of engine techs and a backorder of the phasers themselves that they have a huge waiting lists of people trying to get in to get their phasers replaced. I brought my truck to 2 dealers and in both cases the wait, just to get the truck in the shop, is over a month AND once they have the truck they'll keep it 10-14 days file you sit around scratching your ***. ALSO, I paid very good money to purchase the ESP warranty from Ford so should be given a loaner while the repair is being performed however they have no cars and basically told me tough ****. Now, add to the fact my truck is getting close to 60K at which point the repair is under ESP and I'll be responsible for the deductible, even though it's Ford who's delaying the repair.

This is my 6th new Ford truck in a row and prior to all of this I'd have said I'll be moving on to my 7th. I've always been a Ford homer but it has me rethinking my next purchase. I'm shocked at the fact that they have millions of these 3.5 ecoboosts out there that are ticking time-bombs. Wait until all the warranties are out and they start to fail. It'll cost owners $$$$ to get them repaired.
weird. I just had cam phasers replaced at my dealer in Utah. Took it in two weeks ago for diagnosis, they gave me the truck back the next morning. They ordered the parts and called me when they were in. The repairs were completed this week. Dealer had the vehicle for a day and a half for the actual repair.