California Raptor Price Fixing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rapta

Reaction score
I'm sure some dealerships away from the coastal cities might be a lot better. (I'm think Bakersfield, Fresno, etc)

Last time I visited the local Fresno and Clovis dealerships they were $20k over. And the Fresno sales manager (somehow they're all sales managers it seems) was so smudge and arrogant.

OP
OP
ddpt

ddpt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealers I talk to say their hands are tied as people are paying over MSRP so they will sell over MSRP. No need to look at Russia for collusion; just try and buy a Raptor from a California dealership.

gobie18

Reaction score
You can get a 2018 at MSRP in Sacramento and other parts of California, but that is just bacause they are now stuck with it from last year. Also, what I notice is that 90% of the trucks in California is fully loaded. I wanted a base last July and spent three weeks calling most of the dealers in the Cali and cannot find even one. I ended up getting a 802a screw with tech package in Virginia for $63 with a MSRP of 68k.

OP
OP
ddpt

ddpt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some neighboring states are starting to markup as well, or they are not willing to sell to California buyers. I've seen MSRP+ at Arizona and Nevada dealerships.

realjones88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are so many things California should be ashamed of, this is just one of the minor problems. Go out of state, better dealers, less shim-sham, honest dealers, better pricing.

The only, and it is THE ONLY, reason dealers in CA continue to charge ADMs is because ******* rich people who don't care continue to pay them. How many ecoboost mustangs have adms on them? None...because no one will buy them.

I had the same issue on the east coast and had to go the midwest and drive it back.

There was a guy on here that whined about it for like ten pages and then ended up getting a local CA truck with an ADM on it anyway.

Fasteal

Reaction score
I took this picture today. $10,000 over MSRP in San Leandro, on a Silver 2018. I talked to the salesman, he said they would sell it at MSRP but they keep the ADM just in case someone stupid comes in and buys it. He also said they won’t deal much on a 2019. The last 2019 they sold was at $8,000 over.

CB720160-BCBA-4612-8CA1-751390267AAD.jpeg

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I believe La Mesa is the only one in socal that will sell the trucks they have on the lot at MSRP or take in orders at MSRP

ive called almost every dealer within 100 miles of los angeles and La Mesa was the only one offering MSRP

Yep, that's where I got mine. Luckily it's only about 15 miles from home. They almost never have one on the lot. If they do, it's typically already spoken for or a special order where the buyer ended up backing out.

ademarco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to drive out to Team Ford in Vegas. CA dealers just want you to pull equity out of your home and pay the markups. This real estate boom doubled and tripled home values. I think a bust is happening soon. I see tons of toys in driveways and at work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk