California ESP - Extended warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Such BS, everyone else can buy out of state warranties but not CA residents. Commifornia at its finest. I'll report back what I get from Capo Ford here in orange county.
Let them know that you may have someone else interested. I’m in the Bay Area.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Such BS, everyone else can buy out of state warranties but not CA residents. Commifornia at its finest. I'll report back what I get from Capo Ford here in orange county.
kinda the same in FL, kills me to see people recommend all these great ESP pricing that arent offered to FL, need like some special license to sell here.
Ironically still got mine from out of state that was allowed here for way cheaper than my dealership could offer, but its still way more than i see around here.

OP
OP
A

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
kinda the same in FL, kills me to see people recommend all these great ESP pricing that arent offered to FL, need like some special license to sell here.
Ironically still got mine from out of state that was allowed here for way cheaper than my dealership could offer, but its still way more than i see around here.
Not could offer but would offer.
They’re all trying to make as much as they can on every transaction except for the ones that work on volume.

Bituman

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody have any experience with MPP extended warranties? It’s sold by dealers that are part of the Berkshire Hathaway group.

prowakeskater

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might by able to bypass this by registering in South Dakota or Vermont as an out of state resident. I plan to do that when my $1000 california registration goes up for renewal in a year… zeigler asks what state the vehicle is “registered” in when signing up. No way this law is legal or enforceable… unless the warranty company can do some digging themselves to deny you coverage

scpete24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right, I dont get why we get screwed just because of where we live. Seems like it should be available to everyone regardless.

GSA2017

Reaction score
Also tried to buy an esp for my 23 Lightning (also have a 2011 raptor that’s why I’m on this forum haha) from Granger literally on 3/1 and was refunded saying that ca law doesn’t allow it. Trying to see what luck others have on here. Zeigler says address supplied has to be address the vehicle is registered in.

Such BS

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Damn I’m so glad I got mine in December. I was thinking about waiting until the end of my 3yr 36k. It seems like the best bet now could be to get it from the dealer you are buying at and see if they can give you a good price since you just spent $80k. After using my Ford pass points I was able to get the 8 year 150k warranty for $3k out the door with Ziegler.