CA MSRP Deals?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
K

KTMRC8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All the info to buy out of state is ine this thread, PM me if you have any questions, I got down!!

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f260/ca-buying-raptor-out-state-49127/

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f260/ca-buying-raptor-out-state-49127/

Thanks man...looking at it now!

---------- Post added at 06:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

So I'mm onboard with an out of state buy...now how exactly to find a dealer with inventory still? I looked at the allocation thread, but it was pretty thin...is that the best bet?

vr4henry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I emailed/chatted with about 50 out of CA state dealers before I found one that would put me on MSRP waitlist. Rough. Still finalizing paperwork, but should be #3 in line.

None would do an MSRP allocation. I figure I'll get one next summer or so, which is fine by me.

OP
OP
K

KTMRC8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I emailed/chatted with about 50 out of CA state dealers before I found one that would put me on MSRP waitlist. Rough. Still finalizing paperwork, but should be #3 in line.

None would do an MSRP allocation. I figure I'll get one next summer or so, which is fine by me.

Yikes...and that's for a 17? I guess I can wait until the 18 model year comes out. :rage:

SOAKINRED

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pick a State

Thanks man...looking at it now!

---------- Post added at 06:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

So I'mm onboard with an out of state buy...now how exactly to find a dealer with inventory still? I looked at the allocation thread, but it was pretty thin...is that the best bet?

Pick a State and call the Ford dealers to ask if any 2017 allocations are available, very this right now but a lot of them have Raptor orders in with no buyers yet. I have a order in Vegas but its a next year deal, Good Luck

Last edited:

t2w

Reaction score
As an alternative idea, you can register the truck under an LLC in a state that doesn't deal w state sales tax (I have mine set up in Montana) as long as you don't mind riding dirty w out of states plate. I'm in San Diego (La Jolla/PB area) and the cops don't really pay me much attention in my other vehicles w Montana plates.

FWIW, I also tried almost every dealer in SoCal and they all wanted ADMs. I'm getting my truck from Alabama and having it shipped for around $1200.

Since you're local in El Cajon, I still have an order w Encinitas ford waiting to be pulled (Avalanche, SCREW, 801a, tech package) that I widdled them down to a $1k over msrp deal (they originally wanted $12k over) that you're welcome to discuss with me if that would interest you.

Good luck!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
K

KTMRC8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As an alternative idea, you can register the truck under an LLC in a state that doesn't deal w state sales tax (I have mine set up in Montana) as long as you don't mind riding dirty w out of states plate. I'm in San Diego (La Jolla/PB area) and the cops don't really pay me much attention in my other vehicles w Montana plates.

FWIW, I also tried almost every dealer in SoCal and they all wanted ADMs. I'm getting my truck from Alabama and having it shipped for around $1200.

Since you're local in El Cajon, I still have an order w Encinitas ford waiting to be pulled (Avalanche, SCREW, 801a, tech package) that I widdled them down to a $1k over msrp deal (they originally wanted $12k over) that you're welcome to discuss with me if that would interest you.

Good luck!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PM sent to you.

BurnOut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ended up (at the advice of a forum member) finding an MSRP deal in the Detroit area (I'm in Dallas). I'd rather not have to make that drive back, but I have a friend in the area, and this will be a good excuse to go see him.

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Digging up this old thread....

Does anyone know if there are any California MSRP allocations/available trucks or dealers taking order out there.

Must be California. PM if you want.

If its legit ill get you a small finders fee for your help, you have my word on that.

Thanks

Last edited:

SOAKINRED

Full Access Member
Reaction score