Buying out of state

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fl1by

Reaction score
People are always willing to knock the extended maintenance and warranty plans. There are also some dealers online that can get the plans cheaper, or document the costs and have the dealer come down to their prices. The plans can be ought through any dealer and others do honor them.

A couple of things to consider..

a. Look up the prices of brake pads, shocks, Infotainment screen, HID highs/ballasts, fluid changes at 140K, transmission fluid changes, and other costs you might find out it is cheap insurance, plus rental car if required.

b. I had shocks, infotainment screen, fan motor, trans fluid all done under extended service/maintenance plans. I have come out way ahead of the costs on my 2014 SCAB.

c. I would do it again. But if you have the financial depth and resources to want to handle these costs then you might not need them. Plus the warranties transfer, which could be a plus in selling the vehicle, along with the maintenance trail that can be documented.

d. Get the most mileage on the 7 year plan. I have 118,000 miles on my 2014, and I took possession of it in August. Miles rack up in a Raptor. Ideally the coverage would be through the Last major maintenance interval mileage wise.

NeoLeo

Reaction score
If you're buying from a dealership in Northern Virginia, I know of at least one dealership who jacks up their dealer processing fee, and then adds in freight on TOP of MSRP (which on the sticker already includes it!). Beware!

VinceC

Reaction score
Can I buy the warranty from any ford dealership? The 4K includes the service warranty as well, so I guess I’ll call flood ford don’t know where that is and talk to them. I would rather buy local but Galpin and others around me want crazy marks ups like 20-25 k. I usually don’t go for the extended warranties but I’ve heard som stories and just want to be covered.

You can buy from any Ford Dealership. There are some online that offer better prices then others. I have used zeigler Ford a couple times. You can email or call and get an even better price than just using their online tool. They also gave me a refund very fast each time I sold vehicles and no longer needed the remaining warranty. Their URL is

https://www.zeiglerfordesp.com/default.aspx
Bob Cline is who I have dealt with in the past.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The state of VA does not regulate dealer doc fees. New York state sets the fee at $75. This is why I purchased my 2013 and 2019 from Rochester NY. :)

BTW most VA dealership sets the dealer doc fee at $699 but they can raise it anytime they want.

If you're buying from a dealership in Northern Virginia, I know of at least one dealership who jacks up their dealer processing fee, and then adds in freight on TOP of MSRP (which on the sticker already includes it!). Beware!

anymajordude

Reaction score
Who is the dealer in VA.
I bought a lightly used 2018 recently at Ted Britt Ford in Fairfax and now know the sales manager.
I can put u in contact and put in a good word... either way - best of luck with the acquisition of the best truck - u will flippin love it !!

drarhiii3

Reaction score
New member here (still need to introduce myself) but Ive had multiple cars/trucks shipped out cross country to CA. Just got a 2018 SCREW w/1300mi. shipped from Ford dealer in NY to here in CA last week....the idiots that shipped it used ratcheting chain tie-downs attached in the holes in bottom of the frame rails (which I’m normally okay with)....but they pulled them so tight they splintered out the holes. Never had this happen and didn’t think to look under the truck and didn’t find until later when I got home after I signed the transport paperwork. Also I would ask them to transport on the top rack in the last spot, as this is the safest spot away from flying rocks/debris that cracked a windshield on my last truck I had shipped when it was on top at the very front position coming from NC. Make sure you the get the drivers cell (they’re usually descent about keeping in contact), a guaranteed delivery date which could move +/- 24 hours, make sure it’s not going to be dropped off at a holding lot and brokered to another driver, and if possible have it delivered in a parking lot out of the way. This way you’re not in a hurry to get the truck down and can do more undercarriage inspection when it arrives. Good luck

EFD4ED1E-A99A-4DC7-8D68-4294F4CB989F.jpeg

bruce7105

Reaction score
At Flood Ford 7 year 125K miles 0 deductible $1775 same premium policy all Ford dealers sell you but much less ! If something goes bad after your 36K coverage $1800 you would save buy not buying the extended warranty won't go to far on a fix! When you go to DMV you will need a smog cert. and cert. of origin which has the weight of the truck on it so didn't need to get it weighed and lots of bucks for tax and license and they will need to see the smog sticker under the hood.

Last edited:

ademarco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got maintenance package and extended warranty from Flood Ford for the same price the dealer was trying to sell me just the extended warranty. I showed them Floods pricing, but they said they couldn’t match it or beat it. I think they were trying to sell a third party warranty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Wrong Way

Wrong Way

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for all the info, I’m just waiting on the papers to arrive, sign and mail back. I told them about the warranty from another dealer for much less and they wouldn’t match so I told him I would get it on my own. I will save almost $1400 fromflood compared to what they said was their cost and couldn’t go any lower Ima bit nervous never spent this much money without seeing it in person a kicking some tires... Some of you say there will be a lot of taxes when I go to dmv? The dealer is charging me CA tax and registration fees so is there something else I’m missing?

OP
OP
Wrong Way

Wrong Way

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New member here (still need to introduce myself) but Ive had multiple cars/trucks shipped out cross country to CA. Just got a 2018 SCREW w/1300mi. shipped from Ford dealer in NY to here in CA last week....the idiots that shipped it used ratcheting chain tie-downs attached in the holes in bottom of the frame rails (which I’m normally okay with)....but they pulled them so tight they splintered out the holes. Never had this happen and didn’t think to look under the truck and didn’t find until later when I got home after I signed the transport paperwork. Also I would ask them to transport on the top rack in the last spot, as this is the safest spot away from flying rocks/debris that cracked a windshield on my last truck I had shipped when it was on top at the very front position coming from NC. Make sure you the get the drivers cell (they’re usually descent about keeping in contact), a guaranteed delivery date which could move +/- 24 hours, make sure it’s not going to be dropped off at a holding lot and brokered to another driver, and if possible have it delivered in a parking lot out of the way. This way you’re not in a hurry to get the truck down and can do more undercarriage inspection when it arrives. Good luck

View attachment 128339
Thanks for the heads up on the shipping, I never would of thought about where it’s at on the truck.