Buying new raptor tomorrow..Paint protector or not

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skyscraper

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Frankly, I have not seen any spray on or rub on "paint" protector out there worth it's salt that would offer any more protection than a good ole frequent hand wax. My dealer offers a "service" that puts a protectant on every six months. I asked to see the product and how it is applied. Well once I reviewed everything and the products compoents it came down to a highly expensive "wax" protection.

Opti-coat 2.0 is a rub on and very very durable.

Last edited:

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In my opinion, if your a newbie to the forum you should not come across as a know it all and be extra friendly and thankful to these seasoned veterans that are a wealth of information. If your stating your opinion, make it sound like an opinion and not like you know it all. I am not directing this to any particular person! (Mud & RDFTS) LOL! "Can't we all just get along"

But sometimes the "know-it-alls have it wrong. Hey.....it's the internet.....you expecting good information your in the wrong location. And I love RDFTS...........one funny dude!

That's funny hearing that come from you, newbie. :)

I don't recall ever saying I knew it all....

And we are very glad you understand that!:favorites25:

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Very obvious that there are some on this thread that cannot find their collective rear with both hands will not mention any names (used tampon in the dirt with water on it) however the Opti Coat stuff works for some folks and is an actual coating. As with any coating it is dependent on the type of driving that you do and the amount of solids that impact or coat the paint and how they are removed. A street queen such as some have only see street use so no real solids to impact others may have 200 lbs or more of mud and imbedded rock hanging on the exterior. As this is removed depending on how much “grinding” takes place it will wear at an accelerated pace.

Mine gets waxed with a hard Carnauba (Adams Americana) at Least once a month. Not everyone can or is willing to do this but fresh “real wax” protects very well against the perils of mesquite, cedar, sumac, etc. etc. Always put the fresh wax on BEFORE the off road activities.

vince7870

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Opti coat....my truck was 3 days old and I had it done. Still looks perfect a year later.....when it's clean it beads like the truck is better than new! It's a great investment as extra protection. My truck is almost a year old

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

What type of protection. Clear bra or a detail product?

If it's a quick $500 spray wax ect. Save your money and just bring it home and put a good coat of wax on it,if it's a clear film over the front to protect from stone chips and such go for it. I have it on mine and paid over 1k for a professional to do it

Where are ya on Long Island? Had a blue rap on my tail with his grill bar on over on the meadowbrook last week! Anywho pm me gonna get some Long Island guys together to go meet up with Khc and rip up the pine barrens in jersey....maybe in spring.- Vince.